What have you hit with your bike..??

Bike
2005 ST1300
STOC #
Low speed "kisses" on a Wild Turkey poult and an adult Canada Goose. All survived, I hope.

Black Bear ran between by brother's bike and mine on the Skyline Drive. Who was scared more?

The bike sheared off a 4+ inch diameter pine (after we parted company) but started back up and rode 170 miles home with 8 broken ribs. The avatar is after that.

ScubaDave

Site Supporter
Bike
st 1300
STOC #
I hit a good size deer a few weeks ago.. Both the deer and the ST were killed..

ibike2havefun

Still above the sod
Site Supporter
Bike
Bikeless (9/29/2019)
STOC #
I hit a good size deer a few weeks ago.. Both the deer and the ST were killed..
Sorry to hear that Dave. Hope YOU are alright, and that you find a replacement bike that suits your tastes and riding needs. Fortunately there are a lot of options available.

ScubaDave

Site Supporter
Bike
st 1300
STOC #
Sorry to hear that Dave. Hope YOU are alright, and that you find a replacement bike that suits your tastes and riding needs. Fortunately there are a lot of options available.
Already replaced the 07 with an 08. Both my girlfriend and I are good. Bike never went down so nothing more than a few bumps from the deer hitting our legs as we went through him. Gives a whole new meaning to deer in the headlights.. Dam thing put its head in the headlight at 65MPH..

OP
OP
ToddC

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
While riding to Seattle today, a quail flew up out of the ditch and did a face plant into my right shoulder and then tumble down into my lap and then the asphalt at about 65mph.

I can still feel it 12 hours later.........:mad:

ToddC

Bike
2010 ST1300
While riding to Seattle today, a quail flew up out of the ditch and did a face plant into my right shoulder and then tumble down into my lap and then the asphalt at about 65mph.

I can still feel it 12 hours later.........:mad:

ToddC
Ouch!!

JT105

Let's Ride!
Bike
12 ST1300, 15 NC700X
With a previous bike... A pickup truck.
Following too close and had to evade when it brakes hard. Caught the tail light with my left hand. Flipped me and the bike into the ditch. Lucky only had a sprained wrist, a few cut fingers and a broken clutch lever. Thank goodness for good gloves. Saved my hand.
On the ST, only hit a small bird when it darted in front of me on the highway.

STurgisSTeele

When did I become the "Old Man"!?
Bike
01 ST1100A (RIP)
STOC #
Just this morning on the ride to work, a little common sparrow didn't make it across the road. Bounced right off the wind screen. Poor fella.

Peace and All Good

Bike
91 ST1100/06 ST1300
Bike
'14 CTX1300
STOC #
Well, this morning on my way to work I had the unfortunate timing of coming across a skunk family spread across the lane. At 4am on an unlit road they are difficult to see. Sorry to say I reduced the clan by one. Thankfully only the tires smell a little bit.

Bike
92 ST1100
Well, this morning on my way to work I had the unfortunate timing of coming across a skunk family spread across the lane. At 4am on an unlit road they are difficult to see. Sorry to say I reduced the clan by one. Thankfully only the tires smell a little bit.
I'm not an authority, but my experience is that it's best to hit them when they're 'fresh'! They get nastier after they've been dead awhile.

OP
OP
ToddC

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
Glad I'm only riding back from WeSToc with you. That will give you time to air out !!!! :)

ToddC

TinyL

Wingin It
Bike
2010 Wing
STOC #
I was going to breakfast up Spearfish Canyon. SD...can't really remember how I ended up traveling along side the forest. I left the pavement and the tree's formed a nice fence to keep me out of the rest of the forest...despite my best effort.

Top Bottom