David Silver Spares USA - Top Boxes In Stock

Bike
2008 ST1300
David Silver Spares USA - OEM Top Boxes In Stock

Good morning everyone!

Just a heads up that David Silver Spares USA has OEM top boxes in stock for $495 in Candy Glory Red, and $475 for Digital Silver. They ship from their warehouse near York, PA, and my shipping cost was $18. These are complete, mounting brackets, fasteners, key, pillion backrest pad, and rug.

Candy Glory Red - https://www.davidsilverspares.com/ST13009-PAN-EUROPEAN-2009/part_126650/
Digital Silver - https://www.davidsilverspares.com/ST13009-PAN-EUROPEAN-2009/part_126649/

I just placed my order and wanted to let you know they are available. Not a bad price, either.

Coolhand

Last edited:
Bike
2012 ST1300
Thanks! The silver one is on its way to me! Will have it painted black to match.

OP
OP
Coolhand
Bike
2008 ST1300
My pleasure...at roughly the cost of a good GIVI plus the mounting bracket, it was too good not to share. =)

Now I just need winter to go away so I can get back out again...

Bike
2012 ST1300
I hear ya, me too. I was just about to order the CTX1300 top box, then order the mounting plate, then order the locks, then drill lug. rack on back to fit. No need now! :)

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Doesn't look like the LED spoiler is available. I think the glory red box might look pretty nice on a black bike.

Perusing the list I see the rear reflector is $32. :eek: On the other hand $500 is a very decent price for a complete top box kit.

Bike
2012 ST1300
Couldn't help myself, had to have the spoiler. Found one from the UK new OEM with brake light! Says it'll be here from March 6-10

My girl friend Kim says she don't need the arm rest. BUT I THINK I DO!! :rofl1:

OP
OP
Coolhand
Bike
2008 ST1300
I noticed that too. There is one listed on the UK site for 175 Pounds ($220) in Achilles Black (just noticed that Runner mentioned it doo). I was just happy to see the OEM box on the USA site...seemed like that was an impossibility from what I had read.

Bike
2012 ST1300
Well it looks like I'll be able to see what a Candy Glory Red will look like on a black bike. Got an e-mail at 5:30 this morning that there were no silver boxes for 8-10 weeks out. Talking with a Matt from DSP they just changed my order to the red box. Told me it would be in the mail today and I just got notification it's been shipped! :)

OP
OP
Coolhand
Bike
2008 ST1300
Well it looks like I'll be able to see what a Candy Glory Red will look like on a black bike. Got an e-mail at 5:30 this morning that there were no silver boxes for 8-10 weeks out. Talking with a Matt from DSP they just changed my order to the red box. Told me it would be in the mail today and I just got notification it's been shipped! :)
Mine shipped too...looks like we got the last two they had in stock! Now I just need to figure out what I'm missing on the OEM pieces since the bike came with a Pirate's Cove backrest...

Eh, I'll figure it out. :D

Let me know how it looks...with a red upper cowl and front fender it would look like a black bike with a red stripe! Gotta look at the bright side!

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
seemed like that was an impossibility from what I had read.
First I didn't know until just a short time ago that there was a US site. And previously finding a NIB top box in the anywhere in US was a rarity if not an impossibility. This is a good price and $18 for shipping the complete top box kit? It's probably a lot less than shipping just the spoiler from the UK.

Runner— pics when it's all done! Please!

Bike
2012 ST1300
ST Gui, I'll put up a few pics for sure. Especially since I have to take that beautiful Candy Glory Red paint off it! Ouch! One thing I have going is my brother is going to paint it for me after I have paint mixed to my bikes paint code. He's a big car guy, does all his own work, mechanical, body, paint.

Bike
2012 ST1300
Oh , NOW they are available here ! After I paid about $750 in 2011 and $550 last year for an accident replacement !
I'm really happy to get this, I've wanted one since I got my bike. There have been a couple other times I could have bought one new or used and never pulled the trigger. Always waiting for when I could use it with one being available with $ I probably never would've got one.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Runner said:
I've wanted one since I got my bike.
That makes two of us. The price put me off so I got a rack instead. It's very handy and versatile but the box with spoiler is gorgeous!

I'd be tempted to mount the Honda box on the rack but I think even without using the Honda kit the box would sit way too high. And it's a nice rack lol so it's not coming off.

Runner said:
One thing I have going is my brother is going to paint it for me after I have paint mixed to my bikes paint code.
That's HUGE. Good paint costs money. If I got that Glory Red (looks pretty close to the Honda 125 Elite color) I'd probably leave it for awhile. The contrast is nice and it would give me time to arrange disposable income if it had to be painted.

Congrats all around.

Bike
2012 ST1300
20170304_153528.jpg20170304_153607.jpg20170304_153557.jpgHere she is in all her Graphite Black, Candy Glory Red and Achilles Black Metallic fineness!

The spoiler and arm rest are just bolted on so I can remove for paint. The red is so nice I thought about painting the whole bike that color, but I went for a ride and it felt like I had an anchor on the back! You know black being the fastest color and all!

I haven't wired the brake light yet

OP
OP
Coolhand
Bike
2008 ST1300
Here she is in all her Graphite Black, Candy Glory Red and Achilles Black Metallic fineness!
I got the red box and a black spoiler, too...except my bike is red so I don't need to paint the box! I might leave the spoiler black as an accent...with the armrests I think it looks pretty good. :) The black spoiler was significantly cheaper on Ebay than anywhere else I could find...I'll live with the color for a while if nothing else!

Top Bottom