Question about mirror covers

Bike
2007 ST 1300
I wasn't sure where to post this, but after losing my LH mirror cover on the freeway off my silver 2007 ST (I never even saw it go - snapped the restraining strap like it was string) I'm finding that getting a replacement may not be easy, or even possible. So here's my questions:

1) If Honda's not making more of these, has anyone figured out a substitute that won't look completely "ghetto"?

2) If there is a source for spare parts, what would that be?

Thanks for the help! I really don't feel like riding it in it's current condition, which is a real shame for this time of year...

Bike
'97 ST1100
STOC #
I wasn't sure where to post this, but after losing my LH mirror cover on the freeway off my silver 2007 ST (I never even saw it go - snapped the restraining strap like it was string) I'm finding that getting a replacement may not be easy, or even possible. So here's my questions:

1) If Honda's not making more of these, has anyone figured out a substitute that won't look completely "ghetto"?

2) If there is a source for spare parts, what would that be?

Thanks for the help! I really don't feel like riding it in it's current condition, which is a real shame for this time of year...
ST mirror cover.JPG

I think this is what you're talking about? There are other online parts sellers, you may be able to beat this price by a few bucks. If you go to your local SD county Honda dealer expect to pay in excess of retail, at least that's been my experience.

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
When you get your replacement mirror make sure to attach the nylon strap to the bike and mirrors as this will keep the mirror cover from being lost if it gets knocked loose.

Throttlejockey

Padden is my hero
Bike
06 ST1300
STOC #
3 years ago I lost my left one in rush hour traffic on the 17 heading into Santa Cruz, CA. I went back the next day and found it laying next to the center median with barely a scratch! It's still on my bike! Now I make sure the plastic strap is hooked in.

Bike
ST1300
STOC #
When you get your replacement mirror make sure to attach the nylon strap to the bike and mirrors as this will keep the mirror cover from being lost if it gets knocked loose.
That would be item 12 in the illustration; item 15 will be required to attach 12 to 9...

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Partzilla is a little cheaper:

9 88121-MCS-G00ZG COVER, L. MIRROR *NHA30M* (DIGITAL SILVER METALLIC) Digital silver metallic NHA30M; $96.25(Retail) $63.53 (Partzilla)

I have ordered 5 replacement mirror covers in the last 14 months (two different bikes) for my :bl13:

I still need to find a couple more. :bk13: will be the color of my new '04

OP
OP
Bike
2007 ST 1300
Sorry, perhaps I should mentioned that I ordered one from an online parts seller and they told me about the factory backorder, so I called my dealer and he gave me the same story and said the factory had no info about when (or even if) production might begin again. That's what got me spooked, thinking that Honda may have given up on this part. There's plenty of online ordering companies but I don't think they actually stock the part - they just take your $$ and then tell you later about any problems. What I really need is to find someone who actually has the part!

SupraSabre

Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Sorry, perhaps I should mentioned that I ordered one from an online parts seller and they told me about the factory backorder, so I called my dealer and he gave me the same story and said the factory had no info about when (or even if) production might begin again. That's what got me spooked, thinking that Honda may have given up on this part. There's plenty of online ordering companies but I don't think they actually stock the part - they just take your $$ and then tell you later about any problems. What I really need is to find someone who actually has the part!
Great! They are still selling the bikes, buy overseas then? They do have the Chinese knock offs, Although I already know their what quality is..:eek:4:

OP
OP
Bike
2007 ST 1300
Who knows if a knockoff will stay on, though?

Anyway, I bugged the dealer again and got more info: I can get black or red right away, but I'd have to have it painted to match my silver bike. So, at least I'm no longer afraid the factory has abandoned the part, but now I have to decide whether to wait however long or paint a perfectly good new cover. I've asked the dealer to contact their Honda Parts Rep and see if I can get more info about how long it'll be before I decide.

Thanks for all the advice!

SupraSabre

Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Who knows if a knockoff will stay on, though?

Anyway, I bugged the dealer again and got more info: I can get black or red right away, but I'd have to have it painted to match my silver bike. So, at least I'm no longer afraid the factory has abandoned the part, but now I have to decide whether to wait however long or paint a perfectly good new cover. I've asked the dealer to contact their Honda Parts Rep and see if I can get more info about how long it'll be before I decide.

Thanks for all the advice!
Well, I guess that's good news, to know that you can get the black or red. Everytime I have ordered the blue ones, they have taken some time to get. I have a feeling Honda waits for a "lot" before they paint. To paint just one cover would seem to be a waste of resources. That's probably why they charge more for the blue than they do for the black. Even better reason to go with the black on my new '04.

Lanny

Former Rider
Bike
None
STOC #
I've got a scratched red one I'll give to you if want to have it painted.

OP
OP
Bike
2007 ST 1300
Wow, thanks for the generous offer! I got a call from the dealer today who told me that Honda is now saying that they'll accept mine as a "critical backorder", which will up their production date to the next week or so, so I'll stick with paying for the right color. Thanks, though, and if Honda can't live up to that I might take you up on your offer...

SupraSabre

Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
I ordered two black ones a couple of days ago and they are saying that it should ship on 7/25 (Friday).

I'm still waiting for my new instrument cases to arrive. (soon I hope)

Top Bottom