Replacement for Honda ST1300 in 2015?

Bones

Your Humble Scribe
Bike
2014 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
Perhaps internet forum technology will have evolved beyond "threads" next time Honda introduces a new ST.

SteveST1300

Site Supporter
Vendor
Bike
03&04 ST1300
STOC #
You go out and get a Gen III FJR! By 2014 I hope to be shopping for a new ride and that would be the direction I would have to go.

Last edited:
Bike
2014 FJR ES 2009 WEE
I'm not fond of black......might have to look at FJR red......the new Sport Tourer......we've all been waiting for....it's just under a different tree, that's all......

BakerBoy

It's all small stuff.
STOC #
Someone had to start this thread. Might as well get the ball rolling.
THAT is Funny..

I will start the 2016 thread... LMAO
:rofl1:

Perhaps internet forum technology will have evolved beyond "threads" next time Honda introduces a new ST.
At this pace, we'll be communicating by ansible by then ... they'll be "collective thoughts" rather than arcane, sequential posts.

OP
OP
The ST replacement arrives in 2014. They changed the name to CTX1300
Really, I think that this is closer to the truth than we realize. Looking closely at the CTX13, it looks (at least to me) like they started with the ST13, stripped off the plastic and then modified it into the CTX13. I do not think that the just took the motor and dropped it into a new bike.

The CTX13 is a revised ST13 -- with a revised purpose. It may not be meant for the sport tourer, but it maybe was meant for our aging demographic and changing interests.

Bike
2014 FJR ES 2009 WEE
I think that this is closer to the truth than we realize. Looking closely at the CTX13, it looks (at least to me) like they started with the ST13, stripped off the plastic and then modified it into the CTX13
But they put a cruiser frame with forward controls on it....no more ST handling.....I feel like it was Christmas and you get a pair of socks....thanks mom Honda for the socks.....but I really wanted something else...................ff

OP
OP
But they put a cruiser frame with forward controls on it....no more ST handling.....I feel like it was Christmas and you get a pair of socks....thanks mom Honda for the socks.....but I really wanted something else...................ff
The frame isn't much different. The pivot point for the swingarm is the same. The peg mounts have moved (note that they are even using the same footpegs as the ST13). And the steering geometry has changed (front end stretched out a bit).

You're right, though, it ain't going handle like the ST13. In some ways, that may be a good thing, depending on your orientation. I guess the point is that this A replacement for the ST13, maybe not THE replacement for the ST13 that most people expected.

Last edited:
Top Bottom