CCS-100 Alternative to stock control panel

Although the stock CCS100 panel works fine, I decided to eliminate it in favor of a more custom approach. Thanks to Tim Oakes for the wiring diagram which was all it took to encourage me to do this. I used two micro mini switches and a diode which I mounted in the right throttle housing above the start switch. It took a while to get it right but it's done and works great. I highly recommend this solution if you are worried about the moisture problems with CCS version or just want something a little more cool...

Attachments

STOC #
Very nice! Is the brightness of the diode bothersome?

Radio Shack or similar for the switches?

(ps to Chuck Henderson, this mod may fall right in line with our discussion of re-positioning switches for ease of engagement. How brave are you? :D )

Last edited:

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
Nice looking job Fish,

Now I have to figure out if Chris would like it...

It looks like you completely eliminated the small gray CCS controller? Am I right?

Thanks,
Mark

Blrfl

Natural Rider Enhancement
Bike
Fast Blue One
STOC #
Nice looking installation there.

Did you install a resistor to limit how much current passes through the LED?

--Mark

Toaksy

Tim Oaks
Bike
06 ST1300
STOC #
Nice looking installation there.

Did you install a resistor to limit how much current passes through the LED?

--Mark
You can get a LED that is Rated for 12 Volts DC then You wouldn't need to put a resistor in.

OP
OP
The led I used calls for a 680 resistor. It is not very bright at night due to being sandwiched between the switches yet is visible during the day. Really, there is no reason to have the light since the left hand switch is up when on and down when off. The right switch is center off and up for set and down for resume functions. This eliminates the gray control panel completely but uses the same wiring harness. There are LEDs with built-in resistors but they seemed too long to fit the housing. The switches are mini-micros from the local electronics store. The thumbnail here shows the specifics if you're interested.

Attachments

STOC #
Although the stock CCS100 panel works fine,

Hey guys it looks great, but please forgive my ignorance but what is a CCS 100?
Thanks
No problem, CCS 100 is model designation for the Audiovox cruise control that many have installed (or will be installing ;) )

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
Very nice! Is the brightness of the diode bothersome?

Radio Shack or similar for the switches?

(ps to Chuck Henderson, this mod may fall right in line with our discussion of re-positioning switches for ease of engagement. How brave are you? :D )

Sounds like the next time I have the panels off for a valve check this might be a reason for you to ride to WF and give me a hand relocating the switches. Looks good

sirepair

Let's RIDE!
Site Supporter
Bike
2003 ST1100P
STOC #
Very nice!

I've been wanting to do this on my 1100; glad to see someone has already figured it out!

Are the switches momentary on??

A parts list would be MOST APPRECIATED!!! *wink-wink*

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
Fred Ziglar (fredz43 on this site) did this some time ago and posted pics. Can't find'em now but I'm sure he would repost if someone is interested.

Toaksy

Tim Oaks
Bike
06 ST1300
STOC #
Very nice!

I've been wanting to do this on my 1100; glad to see someone has already figured it out!

Are the switches momentary on??

A parts list would be MOST APPRECIATED!!! *wink-wink*
It has been a long time since I did mine I don’t have a parts list. I used a push on push off for the switched power and the other switch I used a single pull double through momentary toggle switch for set/excel and resume/slow. I used a play station joy stick button to cover the toggle just for looks. There are several switches that can be used just remember us momentary for the functions and a push on for the power switching.

one small word of caution here...the booties in post 6, develop holes suprisingly fast! so if youre ordering them, you might look into ordering two or three extra sets. in the same post Brave S also had the two switches. one has a white plastic thingie on the handle- imho this would go a long way to improving the booty's staying power, since the holes always seems to start on the end of the switch handle. if any one has an idea on how to get a more rain resilient arrangement, please chime in.... i installed this about two years ago. and in my installation i put the on/off led into the instrument cluster- on the 1100 there's a slot that spans the instrement cluster and in the same slot the oil,fuel,side stand,neutral lights are located on the left, and on the right there spaces unused for other indicators. it;s in the right where i mounted my leds, behind the plexiglass front... it looks like it was part of the ome set up, since there's no indication that there's a light, untill it's energized. about an hour if youre handy with tools. while i was here, i installed two extra leds(diff colors) for future use.

Bike
2006 ST1300A
I LIKE this! In lieu of adding the switches to the right side control, I'll use a small project box from HERE, and mount it on the left side ... and position the (ON)-OFF-(ON) switch outboard, with the ON-OFF switch inboard.

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
Good job.

I think I might use your schematic to finally get off my arse and wire mine into my police switch.
That was my thought too, Jon. Have to install the police switch first tho. :D (Procrastination is the greatest labor saving device ever invented - The Flying Pig)

re_mcgraw

Iron Butt STud
Bike
2010 ST1300AA
Great farkle to a farkle. Ever thought of packaging the parts with instructions?

Top Bottom