Stuck Thermostat?

Have you had a Stuck Thermostat on your ST1300?

• Total voters

mjblair

TooTall
Please see the attached picture of the thermostat I pulled from my 2006 ST. This is the second failure however much different cause from the first. This is apparently aluminum shavings left in the water passage during manufacturing.

I sure didn't expect to see this! I think Honda has more problems than we think?

Attachments

Bike
2006 ST1300
Well if you take into account those in warmer climates who don't even know their's is stuck it's probably more than 50%

I'm doing a preemptive change to a TT stat with the hole riveted closed this January.

I voted no, mine better not be stuck at 7100 miles and one season old.:rolleyes:

dmulk

Dan Mulkiewicz
STOC #
16329 Miles and mine is starting to fail. Only noticing it because it's colder weather now... It holds stead at 2 bars now and will climb back to 3 when the bike is idling for a while.

<D>

BluesRider

Rick
Bike
'06 ST1300
STOC #
My thermostat on my 06 ST started failing at 22k. I did the Moonshine run from Florida and there were times I was getting no bars on the temp guage when it was raining and in the 50's. When it got warmer, in the 60's I was getting 1 or 2 bars, and in the 70's (In Indiana and Illinois go figure) I was getting 3 bars. I have 25K now so its going in for the coolant flush and a new t-stat. Would be nice if Honda fixed this problem.

Top Bottom