Spencers seats modifications

I'm sure you'll enjoy the Spencer mod. I'm using the beads with mine, and it works out very nicely.

I sold my Corbin after receiving mine back from Spencer. Done a Saddle Sore 1000 Iron butt run on it with no problem. I think you will be happy. Good luck.

I sold my Corbin also after Spencer's mod and then I
added the sheep skin butt pad...and everything is down
right cozy.

Can't figure how they get that butt pad here sooo fast from
Alaska.

I spoke with "Spencer" last week regarding his mods to the OEM seat. I enjoyed the conversation and his responses to my questions. Top flight guy.

My ST arrived with a Sargent saddle. It's nice. Not the most comfy of saddles I've tossed my bum on, but nice looking and reasonalbly comfy.

I had a custom Russell saddle with a rider's back rest made for my '06 FJR. It was nice, too. Very nice looking (IMO) and pretty comfy. But, not as comfy as some others I've sat my butt on.

I think I'll take my OEM ST saddle and have Spencer run some "magic" on it. But, I'm waiting for a good rider's backrest to break cover first. I'm not sure the Utopia is the right deal for me, altho it works well on my Wing. There will be others soon I suppose.

AND ... Spencer's prices are really comfy. Anyone considering a saddle mod should try him first. Certainly is not like tossing $300-650 to some unknown custom job, eh. :)

FWIW - I just used my Spencer-ized seat for ~60 miles today. So comfy, I forgot that it was there - my butt stopped being a distraction with the "new" seat, and the ride(s) went waaaayyyy too fast. Might have to start using it on longer rides...!

Thanks Frank/Spencer!

PH

A Spence seat, Alaska Sheep Skin, and MCL wings and risers. Don't know which one I'd rate on top, but can tell you that the combination works pretty darn good from my perspective.

I got my Spencer seat back last week, I've only put a couple hundred miles on it, but so far, it's not all I was expecting it to be, , to me it feels too soft, it feels like I'm sinking through the foam and sitting on the seat pan, I also lost up some leg room, due to the seat sinking in so much, and I still get but burn after an hour on the seat, it's just in a different spot on my but, and now on my inner thighs where the legs straddle the tank, honesty I wonder if my OEM seat would have been better after it was well broken in? My son is going to try it to see if he likes it, if he does, we will still send our XX seat out to Frank. I do think at this point (my stocker being pretty new) the Spencer LD mod seat is better than stock, but I guess I was expecting it to be better for me, I rode home yesterday and after 45 miles I was already squirming around, not to mention that now the bike feels shorter, I have the seat in the full up position, I feel like I've lost at least an inch of leg room, may be I'm wrong, but thats how it feels ?
I'll be taking the bike on a longer trip soon, so i'll see how it does than.

By the way, the price, communication and turn around time with Frank was great. he's a great guy to do business with,
I would highly recommend doing business with him if you think his seat is for you.

Last edited:
I got my Spencer seat back last week, I've only put a couple hundred miles on it, but so far, it's not all I was expecting it to be, , to me it feels too soft, it feels like I'm sinking through the foam and sitting on the seat pan, I also lost up some leg room, due to the seat sinking in so much, and I still get but burn after an hour on the seat, it's just in a different spot on my but, and now on my inner thighs where the legs straddle the tank, honesty I wonder if my OEM seat would have been better after it was well broken in? My son is going to try it to see if he likes it, if he does, we will still send our XX seat out to Frank. I do think at this point (my stocker being pretty new) the Spencer LD mod seat is better than stock, but I guess I was expecting it to be better for me, I rode home yesterday and after 45 miles I was already squirming around, not to mention that now the bike feels shorter, I have the seat in the full up position, I feel like I've lost at least an inch of leg room, may be I'm wrong, but thats how it feels ?
I'll be taking the bike on a longer trip soon, so i'll see how it does than.

By the way, the price, communication and turn around time with Frank was great. he's a great guy to do business with,
I would highly recommend doing business with him if you think his seat is for you.

I wonder if you contacted Spencer/Frank and spoke about your concerns with the modified saddle? Did you send some photos and measurements?

When I spoke with him, he was very accommodating and interested in helping me find the correct 'feel' for my seat. I haven't had him do the mod yet, but plan to when some of the backrest deals come out with favorable opinions.

I'd contact Frank and see if something can be done. I'm sure he'll help you out.
:)

I wonder if you contacted Spencer/Frank and spoke about your concerns with the modified saddle? Did you send some photos and measurements?

When I spoke with him, he was very accommodating and interested in helping me find the correct 'feel' for my seat. I haven't had him do the mod yet, but plan to when some of the backrest deals come out with favorable opinions.

I'd contact Frank and see if something can be done. I'm sure he'll help you out.

Yes I'm sure he will, he seems like a really nice guy, I wanted to ride on the seat a little more, to see if it grows on me, but I think I will probably see if there's any thing he can do.

I sent in the original order form downloaded from his sight, giving weight, height, seating pos, etc..and asked him if he needed pics, he said no for the LD mod, the order from was all he needed,

I was planing on possibly taking a ride from Cali to Utah next week, so I need my seat, until I know for sure if I'm going or not, I cant send it out, I do have a friend who is also going to try it out to see what he thinks, he's also considering a Spencer seat.

I guess I should contact Franks and see what he says

Phone # for Spencer? I plan on sending my 1100 seat over the winter and it seems folks frequently speak with him about the details. Thanks!

I just received mine back from Spencer. He is a very nice guy, has been doing this for years with all kinds of seats (but prefers STs), and the seat really does sit much better than before.
Now there is a sweet spot on the seat where your bottom seems to want to sit. But if you're riding for a long time and get uncomfortable, you can scootch forward or back a little and the pressure points change. ANd the sliding forward feeling is gone too.

I had mine done by spencer and I recoment it to all.
One mod that even if it dont fix all thats wrong in the worl you cant do better for as cheap

I am very pleased with my Spencer Seat mod. I gave him my weight and measurements and he got it right. I just resently completed a saddle sore 1000 and the seat performed great.

Frank beat me to it, I've been contacted by him and he's more than willing to make any corrections I might need to make the seat fit me, now that's customer service! I let him know I'll try it out for a little longer and get back to him,

Infact, instead of sitting here on the compt. I''m going to go get some seat time, see ya!!

Frank beat me to it, I've been contacted by him and he's more than willing to make any corrections I might need to make the seat fit me, now that's customer service! I let him know I'll try it out for a little longer and get back to him,

Infact, instead of sitting here on the compt. I''m going to go get some seat time, see ya!!

Good for you !! :) :) :)

Top Bottom