JIS Phillips Screwdriver

JZH

International Bodger
Got mine last week! I bought the set of four JIS bits from RJR, and a full set of Vessel "Megadora" drivers from their US distributor, www.vesseltools.com. The latter sent me a catalog sheet indicating that they actually sell more than they have shown on their Web site, but the Megadoras are good quality and will last for many years. (Many, many years, considering I'll only be using them on Honda screws.)

Ciao,

Blrfl

Natural Rider Enhancement
Bike
Fast Blue One
STOC #
anyone know of any common U.S. stores that would carry them?
If you're thinking along the lines of a Sears or a Home Despot, not likely.

McMaster ships stuff to our neck of the woods from New Jersey, and most times if I place an order before about 3 p.m., the package is on my doorstep the following day.

--Mark

Thanks, I would just think that with the amount of Japanese products in the U.S. these would be easier to find. But, it looks like I will place an order with McMasters when I get home from work.

Blrfl

Natural Rider Enhancement
Bike
Fast Blue One
STOC #
It doesn't have as much to do with the fact that the screw heads are so different as it does with the fact that the air box screws are formulated with 47% Swiss cheese.

I plunked down for Turbo Tom's replacement kit, which gives you 5mm socket cap screws instead of the JIS screws.

--Mark

JZH

International Bodger
Thanks, I would just think that with the amount of Japanese products in the U.S. these would be easier to find. But, it looks like I will place an order with McMasters when I get home from work.
It is puzzling, but probably has to do with the level of ignorance about the very existence of a difference between JIS and Phillips. You're not going to import something you don't know you need... (and I'm a good example of how long you can go wrenching on Hondas whilst ignorant!) ;)

(McMaster-Carr will even ship to the UK--but I did have to grab my ankles when I got the bill...)

Ciao,

Top Bottom