Fuze custom earphones

I was just wondering if anyone uses or has tried this product and what your thoughs were. Thanks in advance for the replies.
Posted via Mobile Device

Here is a link
www.earfuze.com
Posted via Mobile Device

SteveST1300

Site Supporter
Vendor
Bike
03&04 ST1300
STOC #
I got mine at the MC show they were more expensive $199. But the sound quality of the speakers is superb. Those look to me like a regular ear bud with plastic molded on to them, I can wear mine all day with no discomfort. But the price is good if the quality is there.

Bike
2006 ST 1300
STOC #
What is the advantage of the "practice ear"? The price is pretty good if it has good acoustics. I have gotten pretty used to my Smokin' Buds, but I do admit that after a full day of riding, I am happy to have them out of my ears. If these are as good as they say they are, maybe they're worth $45.

m:06biker:

Raven

"two wrecks" - RIP ACL
Bike
Aprilia Caponord
STOC #
What is the advantage of the "practice ear"?

Since you're molding them yourself, you get extra of the mold material in case you mess it up trying to figure out how to do it.

These do look interesting and might be worth trying out - assuming the electronics are decent. Seems like one could do the same thing with the do-it-yourself earplug kit from wallyworld and a set of smokin' earbuds. Be about the same amount of money but at least you'd know the electronics were decent.

OP
OP
Radar
How do the smokin buds work with the helmet? Does the helmet put any pressure on them that would make them uncomfortable?
Posted via Mobile Device

Bike
2006 ST 1300
STOC #
I use the Smokin' Buds with my Caberg, and the helmet is snug, so the earplugs are held in place. After hours of riding, the ears do seem a bit sensitive to the plugs. The Fuze phones might offer a little more comfort and perhaps more sound isolation. I ride with the Smokin' Buds so often that the wind noise without them is pretty distracting. I wonder how much quieter the Fuse plugs would be.

m :06biker:

Bike
'05 ST1300
STOC #
An additional thought: J&M has an upper cord that allows the use of earbuds with their system. There's a receptacle on the cord near where it plugs into the helmet. I've been considering going this route to get the advantages of noise reduction and better sound.

Bike
2006 ST 1300
STOC #
I used helmet speakers in my Caberg for a while along with a com system. Since most of my riding is solo, and the music quality was poor with the helmet speakers, (mono instead of stereo) I tried the earbuds. The earbuds block out the substantial air noise in the Caberg, and and have great sound. Now when I take them out, I am annoyed by the blast of noise by the wind. If I can find a pair of earbuds that block the wind noise and are comfy for long rides, then I would probably switch from the Smokin' buds.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
They look interesting... I might give them a shot...

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Just got these in the mail... I got the colored ones so I knew which side was right but the earphones don't have a r/l mark. Either way, at least I know which one if the right side not that you need to be a genius to figure that out.

The instructions are clear and this is very easy to do and the setup in about 10-15 mins.. They feel good so far but I will post a real review in the review section once I have some road time with them.

ST4Sal

Gone Riding!!!
Bike
02 ST1100
STOC #
Radar,
Here's a quote form a friend on another forum, who I trust very much.

>I recently bought a set of these to try and they work well for a lot less money.
>http://www.earfuze.com/?gclid=CNPK18fmjJkCFRhhnAodlTSQmA

Don Braziel
IBA#12079
100CCC, SS5000
2008 DR650SE
Ninja 250
Burleson, Texas

Based on his recommendation and the cost I'll be getting at least one pair and prolly two. From riders I know who have the speakers in general regardless of manufacturere, they tend to be easy to break. I guess people just forget to take care of them. On most brands of custom earphones I've found people that swear by them and also people that swear at them.

Hope this helps.

Sal

Bike
'09 ST1300 ABS
STOC #
I worry about the quality of the audio in this product. I couldn't find a single mention of the stats for the earbud. I sent them a post....I'll post back with their reply.

Forest

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
I worry about the quality of the audio in this product. I couldn't find a single mention of the stats for the earbud. I sent them a post....I'll post back with their reply.

Forest
They sound pretty darn good to me...but, I'm sure you're a better judge of audio accuracy given your profession... There appears to be good bass response.

ST4Sal

Gone Riding!!!
Bike
02 ST1100
STOC #
I currently use "Blockade" ear plugs that I bought from Lowe's home center. First time out was a bun burner Gold and had no ear discomfort. The sound quality seems good but I never claimed to be a audiophiile. they are now on sale for 29.99

Bike
2005 ST1300
STOC #
Post dated 03/05/09

They look interesting... I might give them a shot...
Post dated 03/07/09

Just got these in the mail... I got the colored ones so I knew which side was right but the earphones don't have a r/l mark. Either way, at least I know which one if the right side not that you need to be a genius to figure that out.

The instructions are clear and this is very easy to do and the setup in about 10-15 mins.. They feel good so far but I will post a real review in the review section once I have some road time with them.
Joe,

How did you get them so fast?

Bike
'09 ST1300 ABS
STOC #
A reply from EarFuze about audio quality of their product:

Hi Forest,

Thanks for your interest in Fuze Custom Earphones. The best way to know what kind of sound you're going to hear from headphones is to give them a listen. Manufacturer specs don't really tell the story and are rarely accurate (more on this below). Customer satisfaction is a superior measure in our opinion. We accept returns if you're not happy.

We've selected a dynamic driver colored with a lot of bass that produces a sound that the vast majority of recreational listeners are very pleased with. We are not trying to wow the audiophiles or serious headphone aficionados. Our primary goal is to offer the incredible advantages of custom-fitting at an accessible price point.

Many people already have a set of earphones that they like but want a custom fit and would like to use our system to retrofit their earphones. Unfortunately, this doesn't work because the earpiece and the earphone do not bond, resulting in separation. The air flow is also affected when the vent ports are blocked, altering the sound.

Specialized EarFuze electronics bond with our earpiece material, resulting in a permanently integrated unit. This significant feature is a revolutionary benefit of our proprietary system. Using our components and system, the end result is a durable and permanent pair of custom earphones.

Best Regards,
Aaron
--
EarFuze
Fuze Your Phones | Ignite Your Music
aaron@earfuze.com
www.EarFuze.com

Specs that (mostly don't) matter
http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-7612_7-6322607-4.html
You find a few of the following specifications on the headphones' box or on the manufacturer's Web site. Here's what they mean and why you can usually ignore them.

Frequency response
Frequency-response specifications in full-size loudspeakers are generally pretty useless in predicting sound quality, but headphone frequency-response numbers are even worse. Manufacturers have routinely exaggerated frequency-response figures to the point that they're irrelevant. Even the flimsiest, cheap headphones routinely boast extremely low bass-response performance--15Hz or 20Hz--but almost always sound lightweight and bright. Generally, bass buffs will be happier sticking with larger 'phones.

Total harmonic distortion
True, headphones with lower actual total harmonic distortion(THD) will sound better than 'phones with higher THD. But the quoted THD numbers--"less than 1 percent"--aren't helpful in predicting sound quality. Listen to recordings of simply recorded acoustic guitar to assess.

Impedance
Generally speaking, the lower the headphones' electrical impedance (aka resistance), the easier it is to get higher volume. But here again, the low impedance is no guarantee of high volume capability; other factors can still limit loudness potential. Since many MP3 players have feeble power output--the iPod is a notable exception--smart shoppers should check the loudness before purchasing any pair of headphones. To be sure, listen with your player.

Last edited:
Bike
2005 ST1300
STOC #
Figured I'd give this product a try, so I ordered a set today. If they stay in my ears, and deliver half-way decent sound quality, I'll be happy.

Note: I paid with a debit card. After ordering, I checked my checking account online, and noticed an additional $1 was deducted for PayPal. I didn't chose the PayPal payment option. Weird. The extra $1 didn't show up on the order form at checkout. I assume they funnel all their payments through PayPal somehow, and although it's not a big deal, I would have liked to know about the additional fee.

Bike
'09 ST1300 ABS
STOC #
Jeff

I'd contact them about the buck...especially if they didn't let you know up front that YOU were paying THEIR merchant fees.

Forest

Top Bottom