George's Spring Trip 2010

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
This will be long, from 3/24 to 5/31.

Left home 1PM 3/24 to Queen's Pizza in Tempe AZ. Overnighted at Petar's (Flying Pig.) Good pizza yet again. Youse guys gotta bet there, main street in Mesa. (The Pig is still awaiting parts but Petar and Shelley are great hosts. :D)

US-60 headed west and north, Apache Junction, Globe, Springerville, Pie Town, NM. Finally, after many trips, caught the pie shop open. Cherry Pie and coffee.

Succoro, NM, to San Antonio, NM on I-25 then US-54, more US-60 and some smaller roads to Tucumcari. STealth camped last night south of House, NM. STeady woosh-woosh-woosh from a really big wind farm lulled me to sleep with the tent pitched in remote cow pasture. Lots of open land in NM.

Currently enjoying coffee and free Wi-Fi in McD's on the south side. Headed out in just a few to continue to Hutchinson, KS. Less than 500 miles, I'll meander the back roads and camp again tonight. Showers predicted for tomorrow but not much. Looking forward to lunch at Roy's.

Currently mid-40 with lots of sun.
DSCF6983.jpg DSCF6984.jpg DSCF6985.jpg
DSCF6986.jpg DSCF6989.jpg DSCF6990.jpg

Rob, this pie is for you, buddy. Thanks for yur service in Iraq.

indypup

Accidents HURT! Safety doesn't
Bike
2007 ST1300
STOC #
Pietown cafe was open? Wow! So how was it? I think you are the first one ever to find it actually open. ;)

Bike
2005 ST1300
George if you get my way, the door is open buddy..

Ride safe..looking forward to reading about your trip..

Bike
I do not have a bike
STOC #
Just to let you know. Telephone charger mystery is resolved. It belonged to one of the friends of my son Logan. I guess he or she put it in there after we left the house. Ride safe and keep us informed.

:pf1:

Digiamo

Come play with us, Danny......
Bike
Suzuki DL650
STOC #
Love the camps you pick. Looking forward to learning gypsy riding techniques from you when I pick you up at Moonshine for our ride into the deep south.:D

You know George I looked at your spot location on the link on the "Spot Moonshine" thread looked it up on Google maps sat view then street view, zoomed in saw the windmill and holding tanks, then street view from the road an Thinks to my self "George is stealth camping right there" does my sense of order good to see it was so, even checked the weather for your location.

To think 10 years ago this was not possible, so ride on some of will be along for the ride vicariously

Attachments

Bike
09 ST1300
STOC #
10 years? Heck, _two_ years ago this wasn't possible, without a security clearance! LOL!

I agree - ride on, George, there's a lot of us riding along with ya!

Andy
Posted via Mobile Device

Bike
'89 Transalp
STOC #
Door's open and I'll put the coffee on if'n you come through southern CO or northern NM!

May your ride be safe and joyous!

Rod
:old1:

PS:
OK, I'll sweeten the pot... I'll make one of my mom's pecan pies if you give me 24 hours notice!

punk rocka

this space for rent
Bike
'06 ST1300
If you find yourself near Kansas City, I have a guest room with your name on it and it looks like KC would be a perfect next stop for you...

Top Bottom