48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
106 days on the road! WOW

Congrats on the trip!

This was me, just after 8 days on the road!

IMG_3134.JPG

Grand Rouge

Site Supporter
Bike
05 ST / 83 GS 1100E
Jim, looking forward to vids and postings too. What a great Summer you...and others too....have enjoyed. I have been a subscriber to your channel for only 20 months....really do enjoy your content.

Quick Question: Did you start this 107 Day adventure with the Shinko Verge tires? Will you share some history there soon?

Best regards

Glad your home safely. Long winter ahead hope it brings Good things Jim.....until we meet again the very best to you.

Erdoc48

Site Supporter
Bike
94/00/04 STs, FSC600
You gotta be retired to ride for that many days and miles- bet it was a lot of fun! I’m interested in some of the maintenance on the bike for that length of a ride and I assume a tire change (at least one) and oil change, so I assume a garage had to do those.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jim C-G
Bike
ST1300A '05
STOC #
Still learning here!
So am I. I find I forget some things every year and learn new ones.
We we’re happy to have been part of the Newfoundland portion of your trip.
It was great to see you two again... and the chocolate!
Another thank you captain my captain for the Newfie trip - made my summer.
I'm glad you had a good time.
Thank you so much for putting together that awesum tour of the big rock! Had a blast!
I enjoyed putting it together... maybe again in 2024 as I already have plans for 2023.
Did you start this 107 Day adventure with the Shinko Verge tires? Will you share some history there soon?
Yes, fresh Shinko Verges front and back. Changed the rear at 12,000+ km in NC for a PR5 (they couldn't get me a Shinko. The front has around 22,000 on it. There will be reporting in some of my videos as I start compiliing data.
I’m interested in some of the maintenance on the bike for that length of a ride
Oil change and new tires at the start of the longest section. Oil change and new rear tire at the 12,000 km mark. 2 new trailer tires half way thru (last year's tires).
2 sets of rear brake pads but there will be video on that. Broke the hitch and now it is better and stronger than original. Again, worthy of a couple of videos.

Top Bottom