1999 BMW1200 RS

Bike
99 BMW K1200RS
Sold the 2004 ST1300 ABS out of priorities and just commited to buying a 1999 BMW1200RS for sheer pleasure, i am makeing the 300 mile trip at the end of this week to complete the deal:) It is an original owner bike who just purchased the BMW1300GT:) Very blessed gent and so am I. My bike buddy has the exact same BMW and he is rolling onto 125,000 with No big issues so far. Will need to join a BMW forum, any body have a recomendation for a site?

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Yeah.. this site... why ya leaving? LOL

I admit there's a bit of bmw bashing here which I don't care for, not so sure why all the harley and bmw hate sometimes, maybe jealously... who knows..

Congrats on the new bike, I'm sure you'll love it. Please post some pics and let us know your impressions of it compared to the ST.

Congrats. Look at these 2 sites. I-bmw.com & BMWMOA.ORG. ST Owners is still one of the best. I look at it this way S T means sport touring and not just Honda ST. Yes you can catch some flak for having a Beemer. A jar of Grey Poupon on it's way.:bmwkick1::D

Des

Bike
'00 ST1100-P
Congrats on the new bike, I'm sure you'll love it. Please post some pics and let us know your impressions of it compared to the ST.
I'd be interested to know what you think too, one of these came up when I was looking for a bike and it was one I considered... they just wanted far too much for it.

OP
OP
Bike
99 BMW K1200RS
I did not mean to cause panic. I am not leaving this site, it has way to much to offer to a ST rider no matter what the flavor of bike your putting your miles on. I am just getting info on vendor support for the BMW because she like any other bike will need part replacement by myself. She has been taken to a BMW dealer her whole life which is very good, I just do not have those deep kind of pockets. Really appreciate the responses.

OP
OP
Bike
99 BMW K1200RS
I made the deal on Sunday and the trip home went perfect, I turned the 300 mile trip home into a 500 miler using route 1 out of San Francisco all the way to Legget Calif then Avenue of the Giants to Highway 101. Other then the sound of a dry clutch when ideling(ratteling tin can sound) the bike is a dream. I need more miles under my belt but the things i have noticed so far when compared to my formerly owned 04 ST1300, 125 pounds lighter, six speed, open cock pit. The ergo's for the rider (it took me two city blocks to lift my legs high anuff to find the foot pegs HA) Quicker shift pattern in 1,2,3,4 longer in 5 and 6 is diffently overdrive tall. The power band seems to be in the 4 grand and beyound. The Telelever/Paralever suspention system is going to take some getting used to but the front tire is toast, it gave me bad feed back .It is squared off by all the commute miles from the straight slab. Will have to put new rubber on to get the true feel of the bike. RIGHT now my thoughts are if 80% two up ST hands down. Right now, with me being 10% two up and i had the 04 ST1300 and the BMW K1200RS sitting side by side, I would throw my leg over the BMW. I need alot more miles to break my body into the ergo's of this bike, it took my 52 year old body by suprise. Will keep all posted

OP
OP
Bike
99 BMW K1200RS
It was gut wrenching to see the ST go, but the RS has started the healing process. I would think the BMW K1200GT would be an apples and apples compare to the ST.

OP
OP
Bike
99 BMW K1200RS
New front and rear tires and have given them a couple of break in rides. WHAT a differance, the K1200RS does not like worn out tires at all, i have found out by putting on the new tires. Looking forward to the season. I do think the ST is the ultimite for the load it down, two up experience. The K1200RS is just fitting my current rideing style of 90% one up and severe angle lean at times!

Bike
XR650R
I'm new to this site and noticed this thread. I had a '99 and a'00 K1200RS and absolutely loved them. I know that you will too.
Good luck!

Top Bottom