2001 Honda Valkyrie Interstate

Bike
2004 ST 1300
Hi Guys,

I am thinking about purchasing a 2001 Honda Valkyrie Interstate with very low miles as a second bike. Does anyone have any feedback on the Valkyrie? I love my ST, just looking for a cruiser, I think it might be a little more comfortable for my better half when she wants to tag along for long rides.

Sawdust (Paul Morrison)

I'm not sure about the Valkyrie, but my wife really enjoyed riding with me when I had a Royal Star Venture; much more comfortable for her than any other bike I've owned. For general cruising it was fine.

I had a buddy that had a Valk. He loved it. He was a short little guy too. Funny. He's about 120 wet with a suit on and never liked the ST .... but the Valk, he couldn't get off of the thing.

I think you'll dig it. If you don't let me know and you can give it to me.

The Valk Interstate is a bit more top-heavy than the Std or Tourer models. One reason I got my 01 GL1800 was because I sat on both side-by-side on a dealer floor and the Valk was tough to get up but the wing just zipped right up like it weighed nothing.

It basically felt like an ST loaded w/bags for a trip. That's the best way for ME to describe the difference.

Hope that helps.

+1 on the Royal Star Venture. My wife was extremely comfortable on that bike. It would roll down the interstates like nothing. Not near as much "fun" to ride as the ST, gas mileage about 35. Had to look thru the windshield but man was it comfortable to ride.

well i have a tourer 97 valk that my wife and I truly enjoy .i ve installed air shocks and a big dark sider, its great for the road. the godwing to me was closer to the ST and i think its because of the smaller tires. but then i don t want a radio or cd or cb to folow me everywhere.
freedom. alone i like the ST, 2-up the valk has more guts:)

I had a Valkyrie Interstate and it was a great 2 up bike, my wife loved it. It was bulky at slow idle speeds but was great in all other areas with the torque. The seat will need the gel pads added and other than that you can ride it to the store and it doesnt look like youre on vacation.
Mike

Rode a Valk at one of the Honda demos several years ago. Dragged both foot pegs just getting out of the parking lot. I had just ridden the VFR from Chicago to West Virginia on all 2-lane roads so my tilt meter was set to "FUN!!" :D

I would like to have a complete Valk front end (from bottom of tar rubber to tips of hand grips. Any sources?

Hi sawdust,
In response to your question about the Valkrie interstate I currently own one that I bought new in 2001. It was a leftover and I now have 57000 miles on it. Only thing i have replaced on it was alternator around 39000. other than brakes tires etc.
I also have an 08 ST with 20000 miles. My better half is a bigger woman and i am talking 5'8" 185#. We are both more comfy on the valkrie on long 2 up trips. As for the Goldwing I have ridden both and I like the road feel I get from my valkrie a lot better than the Goldwing. And the sound of the valkrie is better because of the cam and solid lifters. Valve adjustments are easy. They are screw type and dont need to be done as often as manual says. I found this thread on valkrie web page and it may be to late to help you. I still have people ask me to this day if it is a new model motrcycle. If i had to give up one bike or the other it would be a hard call. I enjoy them both. Its kinda like having a wife and a mistress. Lol I do not have a misstress tho and wouldn't want that headache.

Back
Top Bottom