2006 ST1300 Rear Shock Absorber

docw1

Bill Rankin
Bike
2012 ST1300A
STOC #
It's a little complicated at first as the way the bolt is inserted into he lower end requires loosening up the side plate. Once you reverse the orientation, it becomes a little easier. Here's some discussion:

Bike
2010 ST1300
The real pita is unthreading the preload adjuster hose from the frame and rear fender. And of course, when I was putting mine back, I made a mistake and ended up taking the rebuilt shock out again and reinstalling it.

The second time goes a lot faster. :rofl1:

OP
OP
Danny J
Bike
ST1300 Police 2006
The real pita is unthreading the preload adjuster hose from the frame and rear fender. And of course, when I was putting mine back, I made a mistake and ended up taking the rebuilt shock out again and reinstalling it.

The second time goes a lot faster. :rofl1:
Thanks....Good to know

Danny

OP
OP
Danny J
Bike
ST1300 Police 2006
It's a little complicated at first as the way the bolt is inserted into he lower end requires loosening up the side plate. Once you reverse the orientation, it becomes a little easier. Here's some discussion:

Thanks .....good to know

Danny

W0QNX

Blacksheep Tribal Member
Bike
06/ST1300 19/R1250RT
2024 Miles
It's hard to judge how capable you are without you telling us what you can do. for a person that can change a starter, alternator or water pump in a 98 Chevy truck it's just nuts and bolts done in a certain order.

If you're like my old friend ##### it would take him 2 days to mess things up taking it apart and another to beg me to fix it. He tried hard to work on things but he had "no wrench skills" at all.

On a shade tree mechanics scale of 1 to 10 it's about a 5 just because it's tucked up in there a ways and you have to bend over a lot. I think it took me about 4 or 5 hours the first time around. Nothing is especially hard about it's just nuts and bolts tucked up in front of the rear wheel.

I did not remove the O2 sensor from the exhausts, I let the swingarm hang in there.

How many miles on the bike? It's a good time to change the Ujoint out if the bike has over 100,000 miles. Mine have averaged 125,000 to be at worn out.

Top Bottom