2009 BMW K1300 models announced today... very nice!

STOC #
To those who appreciate the competition...

BMW announced today at the Intermot the revised K1300GT, K1300S, and K1300R (up from 1200cc).

Look sweet, minor body work done on each one, interesting revision on controls (looks like they are switching to Japanese-style turn signals, bummer). Increased horsepower throughout the line. Other changes as well I am sure. Pics here:

http://www.i-bmw.com/showthread.php?t=17961
http://www.i-bmw.com/showthread.php?t=17960
http://www.i-bmw.com/showthread.php?t=17959

Hit the streets this spring according to sources.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
I like the S and the R, great to see them making changes.

Burger

mmmm hamburgers...
Bike
BMW K1600GT SE
STOC #
As a recent new owner of a K1200S I was very aware of the rumours going round the BMW forums on the impending K1300's. I decided to go with a K1200 for a number of reasons not least of which it was the bike I tested and at 170bhp will have more than enough power for me. Having now seen K1300's, I am in one respect disappointed and in another delighted.

I am disappointed that BMW didn't take the opportunity to do something more radical. These new K's are simply face lifts and economic exercises with an increased capacity engine. I don't dislike any of the changes by the way, in fact some of them look really good, but I'm delighted to say none of them make me regret my decision to buy the K1200S.

It seems this years special wheels are black and I don't consider that a special colour lol. The switch to jap switch gear for the indicators would have helped me a few weeks ago but that's all it took to get used to the BMW switches. Now I can switch between my K1200S and Bandit and have no problems with the indicators on either. It is interesting to see that all the pics of the K1300S have a quick shifter fitted and I'll be curious to see if this is now standard. Other than that, visual changes appear to be cosmetic. While the S model gets a new exhaust it still looks rather large and weighty and the engine casings look identical to the K1200's. I'm sure the increase to 1300 will provide more torque but is rumoured to produce only 5 more bhp on the S model.

Anyhow, I think they look very good, but I still think my K1200S is by far the best looking BMW made to date including these new models :eek:

Regards,

Chris: You are WAY OUT OF LINE here, the best new one is the 800 GS :bow1:, that is one SWEEEETTTT bike. By the way, remember Marc, he too has gotten the off road bug (I've been driving a KLR out in the woods and the GVL showroom called him and told him that someone backed out on the 800 GS and he is now driving it (traded in his GT).

STOC #
I think the GT looks like a charicature of the old Concours.
Any change by BMW is bound to wake up the folks at Honda, so that is a great thing!

nm6r

Blue is faster!!!
The K1300S is the only one that grabs my attention.

Sorry, the K1300GT looks like a photoshop project gone bad and I guess ya gotta like that neckid streetfighter look for the K1300R.

I test rode a K1200S. 85mph in first gear and I'm not even sure I hit the red line. It got there so quickly I didn't know what happened. :cool:

Ray

MileHigh

Juvenile delinquent
Bike
2006 ST
STOC #
The 1300S sure looks nice! Nice job BMW:bow1:

Like the white or, the black/silver, striped model.

The "R" model looks weird. What's with the goofy front fork covers?

BMW raises the bar and, Honda repaints leftover 07's with red, adds filler panels and calls it an 09':rolleyes:

Wake up Honda.

Bones

Your Humble Scribe
Bike
2014 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Ugly appears to come from the design department at BMW.

YMMV

Bike
2007 ST 1300
STOC #
Thanks, Chris Parker

The GT looks good and so does the S. As for the R, either I'm getting old, or the transformer look is plain cartoonish. Probably both.

What's an electric fairing?

As for the new Japanese turn signal switch, aka the industrial standard, I likey. The only good thing about my old 1150 RT's clunky switchgear was buying a Kisan SignalMinder to reduce switches
from 3 to 2. One is even better.

Top Bottom