4th and waiting for 5th

Bike
2004 ST1300A
Had my 4th tip over yesterday:D

History;

My first one was last year, came to a stop and was looking right and left to see upcoming traffic, as i stopped i did'nt see that the road had a downward slope to the left, when i put my left foot on the ground away she went, i put her back straight and i was pretty upset !!!! why was i so short, 30" inseam 34 would have been great :D

Second was even more entertaining, from a dead stop i sliped on tiny loose gravel :bow1:

Third was not fun especially for my good budy onto i fell, leg too short for the pavement away i tiped right onto him at a stopped sign, scatch is side bag wich i repaired later on. We laugh at it everytime we meet.

4Th was when pillion got off, she forgot the procedure and could not hold it up, she remembered when we got up, no one was hurt apart from the ego.

I'm pretty sure number 5 will come ! hopefully in 30 years from now:p:

When i got the bike i immediatly installed bydawg tip over bars, could'nt be happier , they saved the saddle bags big times.

OP
OP
normand
Bike
2004 ST1300A
Having the rear tip over bars makes me not worry about another tip over, those really protect the bike and my legs.

Bike
st1100 '02
I second what Sabre said,I have 30" legs as well,and Doc Martins with thick soles and 1.5" heels really help me. No more "reaching" for the ground.

Bike
06 ST1300
30" inseam sucks, at least for modern motorcycles. It was horrible on my V-Strom. Even thinking about gravel at a stopsign caused a gravity event. ST is much better, but my Softail is the best. I can flat foot and still have a bend in my knees.

Top Bottom