91 ST1100. Carb drain screws

Bike
1991 ST1100
I was wondering if someone could post a clear pic of where to locate the drain screws. I must be staring right at the right place or I just can't see them. Maybe with a circle around the spot. I just got this bike in May and it stumbles up around the 80 mph mark. Till then it runs super.

I have changed the plugs, resealed the gas tank, after a thorough cleaning, replaced the fuel pump with the airtex (recommended by you guys) and the fuel filter also adding in theHonda stabilizer.

I also read that the installed K & N air filter may be letting too much air in which may be causing the problem. I was going to go get a Fram filter recommended on this site and see of that helps.

Any other suggestions.

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
Bike
1999 ST1100
STOC #
Those screws are hard to find even when you know where they are and have loosened em before. The picture in Marks link shows the location. I have a 9 inch straight head screwdriver that just barely makes it back in there. You have to angle it in just right and probably need a flashlight.

Attachments

Last edited:
Bike
92 ST1100
I was wondering if someone could post a clear pic of where to locate the drain screws. I must be staring right at the right place or I just can't see them. Maybe with a circle around the spot. I just got this bike in May and it stumbles up around the 80 mph mark. Till then it runs super.

I have changed the plugs, resealed the gas tank, after a thorough cleaning, replaced the fuel pump with the airtex (recommended by you guys) and the fuel filter also adding in theHonda stabilizer.

I also read that the installed K & N air filter may be letting too much air in which may be causing the problem. I was going to go get a Fram filter recommended on this site and see of that helps.

Any other suggestions.
IMO, would'nt compund the issue with guessing. The paper Fram have heard to be too restictive, which would affect vacuum diaphrams operation, making any stumble worse in this case.

Bike
92 ST1100
IMO, would'nt compund the issue with guessing. The paper Fram have heard to be too restictive, which would affect vacuum diaphrams operation, making any stumble worse in this case.
+1 on the foam if its a K&N or that style. Loose the foam and make sure filter is clean. IMO, you got a rich conditon, not a lean cond. One thing at a time!......;) and float levels are unlikely an issue if carbs haven't been off previously. No offense, but can't be skipping around trying different things at once or you'll chase your tail a LONG time before getting corrected.

Top Bottom