93. ST 1100 alternator upgrade.

Hello yeah my name is Jake. I own a 93 Honda, ST 1100 located on Maui. Couple weeks ago I was coming down Haleakala and my alternator gave out. I’ve been bypassing the situation with fully charged batteries and have just about accumulated most of my parts required for the 40 and upgrade. I’ve read on some of these threads that there are some tool kits being passed around used for this 40 amp alternator upgrade. If any of you have any info about that situation or thoughts about troubleshooting the upgrade process, then let me know. I believe I sent one email out to the fellow in charge of the tool kit circulation, but I’ve not received any reply yet. This is my first post on st-owner.com Thank you very much. Mahalo.

Attachments

kiltman

Site Supporter
Bike
2002,ST1100ABS
STOC #
Here is the info.
40 amp instructions
You will need to get a “Stoc” number which you can get from the site I linked. Once you’ve done that you can apply to acquire the loaner kit, though I don’t know if that offer extends beyond the 48 States.

Bike
2010 ST1300
Did you read this thread?

Bike
ST 1100 year 2002.
This reminds me of the youtube video where the bike was using a large battery in the top box and the alternator was out of action. He economised with any voltage draining and managed a 500 mile range . The bad point to me was the weight in the top box . Bad for cornering and handling .

Top Bottom