99 ST1100 needs some plastics or repair instructions (mirror, case)

Hi,

I've been driving around with a broken right side mirror cover and yellow turn signal cover/reflector for a long while now while looking for a replacement at a reasonable price.
Same for the cover of the left side saddle which is cracked since I bought it. Previous owner attempted to repair from inside from the looks of it but it's coming apart.

Anyone have a detailed set of instructions or better yet inexpensive replacement bits they'd like to sell?
I should also mention there's a tiny vertical plastic piece which goes beside the inside of the mirror which has blown away I guess.
:(
Thanks.

docw1

Bill Rankin
Bike
2012 ST1300A
STOC #
A lot of us do plastic repair. It would be nice to see pics of the areas of concern. Might be able to help guide you through it, depending on what needs to be done.

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
I use super glue gel and baking soda to do my bodywork repairs.
What year and what color?
IIRC, Ron Ayers is still listing some wineberry (R114CU) mirror covers.
The missing piece is the mirror spacer and I don't know if there are any available anymore.

Smudgemo

Intermodal Man of Mystery
Bike
'08 GS / '78 CB550
I've had 100% success with Oatey ABS Cement, and you can get it at Home Despot or Ace.

kiltman

Site Supporter
Bike
2002,ST1100ABS
STOC #
I used a plastic bumper repair kit off of Amazon. It melts staples into the plastic, which holds the cracks together. You can even fill in large gaps by melting a piece of mesh into the gap then fill it with ABS plastic welding rods.
This is the kit I purchased.

Attachments

Top Bottom