A day of sadness and joy

Dinkie Diesel

------------Jeff------------
Bike
2013 GL1800
I've heard that the man upstairs will never give you more than you can handle. I think he pushes the envelope sometimes. I am sorry for your loss. I enjoyed the read very much. Never wait for the opportunity to spend time with your family. God Bless

skipcurt

Skip
Bike
'18 BMW R1200 GSA
STOC #
Dan,
Sometimes the actions of our parents cause us to be a better person. I know for me it has. You can't forget the past but you can forgive and forgiveness is wonderful thing.
"Forgiveness is honey for the soul"...that's what my grandma used to say.

My condolences go out to you and your family. May your dad rest in peace.

Skip

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Dan,

So sorry to here of this sad news. I am glad that you posted this thread and had a great ride with your son. Take care.

:usflag1:

Bike
ST 1300
All the best, Dan. Love'em while ya got'em! (Parents AND kids!)
How much I agree with you. In nov 05 I buried my mother on a saturday and my only daughter got married 5 days later. Unbelievable emotional week. Very sorry for your loss.

Bike
05' ST1300
STOC #
Dan, sorry to hear of your dad's passing. Your post is particularly fine and I believe that reading it would comfort others in similar circumstances, not only motorcyclists, and that your dad would approve if you sent the post to your local newspaper editor as a tribute to him.
Tim Shevlin #1183

STranger

Jay Knight
Bike
99 ST1100
STOC #
Dan,

I can't say enough about how sorry I am for your loss. It seems that peace and healing have started and your strong family ties will get you through.

My Pop and I have a similar story. Just sort of drifted apart for many years. Now things have been long forgiven. I am truely blessed to be able to share my life's path with Pop. I am sure your sons all feel the same about their time spent with you. I wish you the strength and clarity to make it through the difficult times. I know one day your sons and I will have to make the same journey you are making now. I hope we are wise enough to realise the joy of the time spent with family. Thanks for sharing.

Jay

Papa

R.I.P. - 2020/02/10
Rest In Peace
Bike
Blue Breeze
STOC #
Condolences Dan, for you and your family. I am glad to hear your Dad passed sober and that the cup wasn't poured to the next generation.

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Sorry it took me so long to respond, but sometimes words are hard to come by when an event like this happens and it is so close to home!

We went through some very painfull times with my fathers health for the last fifteen years of his life, which ended at the young age of 62.

It is one of those times that you are glad that they don't have to suffer any longer, but at the same time you are very sorry to see them go. I still get teary eyed when I think of my dad, enough though he left us 19 years ago.

I'll add you and your family to my prayer list and just say, I know how you feel.

God Bless you and your family.

Bike
'89 Transalp
STOC #
Dan,

So many have said it so well. Your words about your father are exquisite... So beautifully written and perfectly felt. I offer you my humble condolences also; may your grief help you heal even more. I cut & pasted your words and will probably do the same with all the beautifully expressed posts here from your ST family... I just want to put this in my folder on grief and put it in my "when Rod dies" packet. There someone I love will read your words someday and see the beauty that touches me and makes my tears flow now. This touching that is happening here between you and all whose tears are flowing, I believe - to quote you, "... is within the contrast between the two (real joy & real sadness) that we can understand." I understand a bit more now... Thank you.

Peace and love to you,

Rod

Top Bottom