A K-bike so Exclusive, they named it...Exclusive

Bike
2005 ST1300
OH NO !!!!! LOOK WHO WON. I hear it was a good game.
It was a VERY good game...Actually well played up and down.

Rask needs a little help breaking a stick though... (He should just give it to Chara who is very fond of cross checking)

The color is very nice, that top box with arm rests looks as if they were trying to take a sport touring bike and make it into a full dress touring bike. I don't like that look at all but I'm sure it will suit some. My speculation is north of 35 and closer to 40 or better.

And forget working on it in your garage....
Local dealer here says bike should be around 30k. Why should we forget about working on it in our garage? I believe some of us around here will show you are wrong about that.

Bike
2013 Triumph Trophy
New bikes are getting seriously close to pushing the home mechanic out of the picture. I had to have the dealer install the heated grips on my Triumph Trophy even though they are basically plug and play. You have to "tell" the bike it has heated grips and need a Triumph interface device, which cost $500, to connect the bike to the laptop. The good news if you buy the device is you then have access to all the software parameters of the bike and can modify them since everything is digital. It's like a super power commander.

Ya alot of things are going that away. We are seeing this at work. You can replace a part but you need a laptop to make talk to the machine again. Here at work it gets rid of the shade tree mech and keeps the work in house. As far getting the software don't count on it, the OEM's are very protective of that kind of stuff.

Bike
ST1300
STOC #
That was my first thought. Be nice if that was one of the colors on their standard versions. I would have no need for most of those options...
I'm not a big BMW fan, but have to say I do like the color. As for options, I could easily do without all three of the options mentioned in the article. A good after-market GPS would most likely cost only a fraction of the BMW option and serve the purpose just as well. Someone mentioned something to the effect that this bike is a sport-touring model, not a full-dress touring bike - must have been looking at something else on the sales floor, as the GTL is the BMW flagship tourer. Have to say that I would like the Hill Start feature - I sometimes have a problem coordinating the clutch, throttle and brake smoothly all at the same time, when starting uphill from a stop.

Last edited:

Muchmore

Train killer
Bike
13 BMW K1600GTL
Someone mentioned something to the effect that this bike is a sport-touring model, not a full-dress touring bike - must have been looking at something else on the sales floor, as the GTL is the BMW flagship tourer.
Once you ride you will realize it is a sport tourer. As big and feature full as it is these ride like a much, much smaller quicker bike than a Goldwing or the like. No doubt it has all of those features, but, feels like a sports car not a Cadillac.

Bike
ST1300
STOC #
Anyone notice the write-up on the 2014 Gold Wing Valkyrie? 750lbs wet, expected price ~$17k. Interesting...

Bike
'08 ST1300ABS
STOC #
Very Tempting! That is a really "cool" color too. I think the "north of $30K" is probably in the right ballpark. They may try and price it at US$29.9K to keep it under that next higher 10-grand step. If only I could win a big lottery jackpot (but I guess I better start buying tickets:smile:) I'd get one when the come out.

Bike
BMW K1600 GTL
STOC #
I'm not a big BMW fan, but have to say I do like the color. A good after-market GPS would most likely cost only a fraction of the BMW option and serve the purpose just as well. Someone mentioned something to the effect that this bike is a sport-touring model, not a full-dress touring bike - must have been looking at something else on the sales floor, as the GTL is the BMW flagship tourer.
I definitely enjoyed the 2 STs that I have owned. I never thought I was a BMW fan. I have been riding Honda's since I learned to ride. As Muchmore said you realize real quickly that this is a sports tourer more than a showroom floor first impression. It's a great combination for the GW and ST. For the GPS I use the Zumo 665 that I had for the ST. So far 24K mi and zero problems. The only issue was the initial price. Wasn't used to paying that with the 2 STs that I had combined. With farkles added you can push the price on this bike just a little.

Jammaman

R.I.P. - 2022/02/02
Rest In Peace
If the back hadn't collapsed, and the onset of Parkinson's Disease, hadn't ended my riding career, I think I'd give this bike a look see...I'd enjoy more goodies that i wouldn't understand how they worked!

Doug

Top Bottom