Add me to the list...

Bike
'05 ST1300
STOC #
Had the bike completely apart with all tupperwear off for over two weeks during my farkle installation marathon including: MCL risers with powerlet/ram mount for GPS, top box with power including spoiler wired for both running and brake lights, auxillary fuse box, stebel horn, quartet harness, upgraded headlights, Spencer's modified seats with heat, grip heaters, etc....

Well after being so happy to get it all back together and not having any extra hardware I decided it was time for a test ride. Was so excited I got on the bike and rocked it forward to get it off the center stand. Forgot to put it in gear and the bike fell on the right side with me on it! I'm so thankful Honda installed the tipover bars. I had a minor scratch - maybe a 1/2" wide - on the plastic tipover cover and no more damage.

Now if someone can tell me an easy way to get the bike off the floor I'd really appreciate it. It took me a half dozen attempts and all my energy to do it. :eek::

OP
OP
ST_John
Bike
'05 ST1300
STOC #
I'm speechless - that is amazing. I never thought of trying to lift it that way. I finally ended up locking the front wheel, getting as low as possible and pushing as hard as possible. I was really close to calling friends out of desperation - especially since the bike was leaking a little fuel.

Thank you for the link.

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
Used that technique less than two weeks ago on ResTored. Works every time. Deba did the demo on a Gold Wing at the second Honda Hoot back in 95. Surprised everyone.

Top Bottom