Aftermarket Thermostat, anyone??

Aside from Turbo City's aftermarket thermostat for the ST1300, are there any other companies who make one (e.g., Stant, Gates)? Is there a thermostat for an auto application that works in the ST1300?

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
IIRC, there was quite a search when this problem first appeared. The 'stat from Turbo City seems to be the only one. Wonder if there's more fitments available in Urp or Asia?

Blrfl

Natural Rider Enhancement
Bike
Fast Blue One
STOC #
The thing to do would be to take the Motorad part number from the TC stat, find out what cars it fits and then find other replacements from there.

--Mark

wjbertrand

Ventura Highway
Don't bother searching. I extensively searched 4 different aftermarket brands (Stant, Gates, Prestone & Motorad) at 6 different auto parts stores and never came up with a match. From there the local Honda cage dealer tried to run some cross-reference numbers to see if the ST13's t-stat was used in any other Honda vehicles. That came up with a big zero, so he let me physically rifle through all of the Honda cage t-stats in his stock (a lot of them) and again I failed to come up with a match.

The Turbo City t-stat is made by Motorad, but Tom had these specially made for the ST1300, by sending them an example of the OEM one. As far as I know you can't get these anywhere else.

What's your objection to using the Turbo City one?

Top Bottom