Ah yes looking familiar

Bike
1999 ST1100
STOC #
So Rob, looks like you opted for the full blown ignition bypass. Relays, as simple a concept as they are, confuse my electrically challenged head, so I went the easy route!

OP
OP
kiltman

kiltman

Site Supporter
Bike
2002,ST1100ABS
STOC #
So Rob, looks like you opted for the full blown ignition bypass. Relays, as simple a concept as they are, confuse my electrically challenged head, so I went the easy route!
I'm thinking about it, I'm mapping it out on paper first. I understand the concept, getting familiar with the what wires do what, and from the photos I'm able to follow along. The search function is a great tool. I now understand the function of a relay.
I'm also looking at the headlight ground bypass as well.
Having said that, the easy route might be just the ticket to deal with my end of season riding.

OP
OP
kiltman

kiltman

Site Supporter
Bike
2002,ST1100ABS
STOC #
My ears are burning, guys! Now if I can talk DeanR into coming back up for another visit I'll introduce you two in person. Perhaps over a friendly game of pickleball? Probably a new experience for Rob but one that DeanR enjoyed earlier this year.

Rob, I will admit that while we were having lunch at Anna Mae's on Saturday, listening to you talk about the alternator issues I was reflecting back on DeanR's aborted journey to NNESTOC in September. I didn't mention it as my electrical knowledge is pretty much nil, and my awareness of which shops carry charged batteries for an 1100 is limited to a 50 mile radius of Barre, VT!

It's a great forum, eh? Lots of friendly sorts offering knowledge to keep us all riding in the most economical way possible.
I agree Dean, this is a great forum.
If I do the electrical work properly I see no reason not to head down to DeanR's neck of the woods.
Always game to learn new games. I did look it up. When I was doing an opera in Hawaii I was introduced to Frisbee golf, had a great time. Pickleball I might just be able to handle.
Thanks for listening during lunch.
Even at the RTE's there is a wealth of knowledge to glean, and I did that as well. Gerhard hooked me onto "Fongle" so I'm able to have a phone number for my ipad and for each of my parents ipads as well... who knew.
Most important, Lyle taught me the delete move ;)

Top Bottom