Almost had another one , leverage won out!! (and my Son..)

Bike
2004 st1300
STOC #
I was in my garage trying to get my bike up on my Park-n-move dolly. I was holding onto the lift handle and front handle bar. Standing on the left side. Holding the bike level getting ready to put down the center stand. I could not tell if my dolly was lined up in the center so I leaned over the bike to look at the other side.

At this point the bike started to lean right I gripped the bar and tried to pull back but it was slowly moving right. At this point I dug in my feet and leaned back arms straight feet in towards the bike to get some some leverage. I had just enough leverage to keep the bike from moving more but not enough to get it back and I could not move.

It was a stalemate if I let go it would fall or sooner or later I would run out of strength to hold the bike and I would have to let go. I was stuck.

So I called for my son (really shouted) who was very busy talking to friends on his computer. I need your help!! "what for?" Come to the garage now!!!! "now?" Yes now!! (I think my tone got him at this point.)

With his help we pulled the bike back to the side stand. So the bike never really tipped over but was awfully close. That bike is really heavy.

If a picture could have been made it would have been great!!

Top Bottom