An expensive tip-over in the garage

Bike
2004 ST1300
Decided to move the ST in the garage and as I tried to put it on its centerstand my foot slipped off of it, I lost balance and it went over the other side narrowly missing the big toolbox against the wall.

Damage- I have a scissor lift on the floor that the front wheel landed on and bent the right rotor. At first I thought ok that's not too bad I mean how much could a rotor be $100? yeah right! almost $300 each and should be replaced in pairs. Geez what a stupid mistake :( Still, I suppose it could've been worse without the tip over bars, at least all the tupperware remained intact.

I've always felt the ST is a bit too big a bike for me (6ft 160lbs) and I could've waited for it another 10 years (I'm 37).

So anyone know where I can find a cheap/used rotor, I just need the right side one :(

Blrfl

Natural Rider Enhancement
Bike
Fast Blue One
STOC #
Is there any chance your insurance would cover all or part of it?

--Mark

Bike
05 ST1300
STOC #
Sorry to hear of the tip over!

There are rotors on Ebay almost all the time.. They still are not cheap! But you can buy one..

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Put a post in the Wanted section, you may have someone with a bent wheel sitting around that still has rotors on it.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Hi,,,after a tip over, is there potential for engine damage etc
Not really. Just right it and that's it. We've had enough tip overs around here I would think someone would have reported something by now.

omniron

...rider of V'GER
Bike
18 Kawi Ninja H2SXSE
If the bike is running, there is a tip-over switch that trips and shuts off both ignition and fuel (I think). Once righted, you have to turn off the key for a short period before the bike will start again. From (admittedly limited) experience, I have had no other mechanical problems following a "normal" tip over. Cosmetically, the "wings" take a little beating, but are easily replaced.

Top Bottom