Another mileage moment

omniron

...rider of V'GER
Bike
18 Kawi Ninja H2SXSE
Just wanted to share...

55,555 miles on the odometer, plus 55.5 on the trip meter. I was careful to reset the trip meter at the correct mileage. The hardest part was making sure I was on a road where I could stop when all the digits aligned -- a moment that will never come again for this bike. I missed the 50,000 milestone, so this is the next best. Of this mileage, I have personally rode 47,450 miles over the past two and a half years since buying it. And I'm the third owner -- finally someone who would actually ride this bike as it was meant to be ridden.

My enthusiasm for this bike has not waned even a little since the first time I swung my leg over it. It's the most satisfying bike I've ever owned.

Attachments

• mileage moment.jpg
    mileage moment.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 39
Wow, had you waited until it was 5:55 and if it were 20 degrees cooler, that would be something. ;)
Nice catch.

Sent with Tapatalk Pro.

What...it wasn't 5 minutes before 6:00?

For a brief moment, I confess that I considered doctoring the image in Photoshop. I could've even made the temp 55 degrees. But, that would be cheating and defeat the purpose. This bike is for real and so is it's ability to put on the miles effortlessly. I'm looking forward to many more numerically-interesting convergences of the odometer digits with my ST.

Nice. My son said you should have waited until the time was 5:55! ;)

For a brief moment, I confess that I considered doctoring the image in Photoshop. I could've even made the temp 55 degrees. But, that would be cheating and defeat the purpose. This bike is for real and so is it's ability to put on the miles effortlessly. I'm looking forward to many more numerically-interesting convergences of the odometer digits with my ST.
Resetting the clock to 5:55 at the moment is no different than resetting the trip odometer to 0 at 54,999.5 miles in order for the trip and odometer to converge at 55,555 miles, at least in my opinion. The highest level of chance would have been the trip odo and the odometer hitting all 5s without resetting the trip and you didn't mind doing that? I don't see a difference...no judgement just my observation.

Back
Top Bottom