Another question for those who wrapped the exhaust

Bike
ST1300
when the exhaust manifolds is not wrapped, I presume that the catalyzer gets less heat than when it is wrapped.
Does the additional heat (with wrapped manifolds) affects the catalyzer or not?

I'm about to wrap the manifolds, but I'm hesitating...

OP
OP
Mpeewee
Bike
ST1300
Thanks for the reply.
I'll have to wait for the delivery because I've ordered the wrap in the UK. I guess it'll arrive somewhere next week.
Will keep you updated...

As for the catalyser: it sure has it's (heat)limits. I've asked a mechanic about that and he said that catalysers don't survive when they get too hot....

OP
OP
Mpeewee
Bike
ST1300
So, I finally got the headers wrapped. Alas, after a while, the heat remains on warm days :(
Now, next step is to remove the inner cowls. If that doesn't help, I'm planning to remove the lower cowls.

Somewhere else in this forum, I've read that synchronizing the throttle bodies could affect the heat. Can someone please explain me why?
Is synchronizing part of the maintenance or isn't it? The bike has now 80000km (nearly 50000mls) and, to my knowledge, it has never been done so far.
TIA

Bike
st1300 '04
STOC #
I don't think you can synch the throttle bodies iirc there fixed.
You can synch the starter valves.

OP
OP
Mpeewee
Bike
ST1300
Hey Blue bye you, I never ever ride without proper riding gear. EVER! From head to toe. Always did and always will.
Concerning the bodywork: it is properly put back together (I do work according to the manual) and there are no loose ends hanging around. The only mod I've done is a louder horn and that is mounted on the right hand side of the bike while the heat especially affects the left hand side. And I wonder how air can flow properly under the cowling while there are practically no vents at all. Not enough to prevent the heat though.

Anyway, next time it'll have to be serviced, I'll ask the man at the dealership for a sync...

Top Bottom