Any suspension experts in the SE USA?

Bike
2015 Yamaha FJR1300
Also posted on the FJR Owners Forum:

I'm in the NE corner of Mississippi and I might be nearing a point of replacing the front fork seals, bushings, and oil on my FJR. I'm willing to do it but I would prefer to partner with someone more familiar with the work so I can learn properly without breaking something. Anyone nearby and willing to assist and familiar with this setup? Or I am willing to host someone(s) here, too, of course.

Sitting on the bike, the left fork has a slight oily sheen to it with a slightly slippery feeling. This is different from the right fork which has that squeaky clean feeling. It's been like this for a while, including my recent ride from MS to TX back to MS, then down to Barber for the California Superbike school and home again. Nothing is leaking profusely or running down the fork at all. Bike is at 43K miles at this point, all mine from zero.

My 2015 is the A model, not the ES.

I've had a recommendation to try the SealMate tool, so I have a couple of their SealMate Plus tools coming. It's cheap thing to try and it does seem to work for some.

Traxxion Dynamics is under 300 miles to drive, so I have an email in to them for an estimate.

A local shop in AL has quoted $250 plus parts if I bring the forks to them.

I know there are a bunch of ST riders in TN (many are or have also been owners of FJR's) and other nearby areas so I figured I'd post here so I can learn how to do this on the FJR and the ST1100's in the stable.

SmashVol

Site Supporter
Bike
2015 FJR1300 ES
Give him a day or two but let Uncle Phil chime in. He has a place down here in Ga. Do all of his suspension stuff I believe. I'm getting to the same point with mine which is an ES. No problems, just know it needs done and mine has over 52 on mine. I will watching to see what you luck you have. Not sure I want to talk it myself. Do not really have the place for it. BTW, Great color on the bike choice!

Beeflips

(it's me...Greg) Returning some videotapes
Bike
2000 ST1100Y
While I was in there, I would probably replace the bushings also.
If you have the time and money, you might look at a RaceTech upgrade with new springs and gold valves.
If you don't want to do the work, Kent at CompuTrack Atlanta does a great job (he rebuilt 4 sets of ST1100 forks for me).
You can ship them to him once he knows what you want.

GMD Computrack AtlantaGMDATL.com - GMD Computrack
This is what U.P. sent me in my query...

Top Bottom