Anybody travel the Lincoln Highway xcountry ? I DID

Bike
2014 CB1100DX
Hey folks. Have any of you folks ever traveled (moto or car or etc) the full Lincoln Highway? I am thinking about doing it from San Francisco to New York City. There are a couple of "official" resources out there (including lincolnhighwayassoc.org) but this historic 1915 "Father Road" passage does not seem to be that well documented like the "Mother Road" Route 66 passage.
Best online map I found is at https://lincolnhighwayassoc.org/map/ .
Looking for some practical advise. Plan to ride it this summer:)
Thanks.

Smudgemo

Intermodal Man of Mystery
Bike
'08 GS / '78 CB550
Last summer Donner Pass Road was being worked on so you could only be on it Sat/Sun, I think. Don't miss this part if you can skip being on Hwy 80 for that short stretch. The views are stunning and piers along the north side of Donner Lake are public, so you could stop and jump in if you have the urge.

28418698563_915a2b8c3d_k.jpg

The 1913 route in this area seems like you'd need a dirt bike, though. I've only been on the green 2nd gen route, so be careful about route planning. And do go through Truckee on the way to NV. It's neat.

OP
OP
Bill Flint
Bike
2014 CB1100DX
2022 Lincoln Highway moto trip UPDATE: Did this route; left home on July 28 and got home Sept 2. I started route in SF and finished in NYC Times Square. Pics and video on my YouTube channel (easier for me than posting in multiple place .. Facebook, this forum, family texts, etc). Have not posted last video of NJ and NY section because of life stuff. Will do that this month. Did Times Square at night and the 3 police officers at Times Square helped me take some pics :)
The YouTube Channel is San Diego Moto Bill : San Diego Moto Bill - YouTube

W0QNX

Blacksheep Tribal Member
Bike
06/ST1300 19/R1250RT
2024 Miles
It looks like you had a great loooong trek seeing some of the good ol USA. Nice trip for sure. I've rode some of the road in Nebraska and Iowa but not all of it like you did.

Top Bottom