Anyone have a combo XM/MP3 (/AM/FM) unit?

And I'm not talking about the Garmin GPSs with XM and MP3. I mean specifically an XM radio that also has MP3 and maybe AM/FM. I know there's a few units available (Pioneer Inno, Samsung Helix). Am just wondering how well they would work on a motorcycle. Buttons seem small, etc. Also at $400 they cost more than a SkyFi2 and an iPod Nano!

I have a Pioneer Inno. It was gift. I like it but having a hard time deciding how to mount it. It's not waterproof. Any suggestions?

I have a Garmin 2730 Gps with XM radio and the MP3 player it works fine but the external speaker is not loud enough at the higher speeds,so I use the ear speakers which plug into the side of the GPS and they in turn cut off the external speaker,I also use this Gps in my vehicle especially during the winter months the XM radio is great,actually do not use the MP3 player that much since the radio has about 150 stations.

Bike
STunshine
STOC #
I have a Pioneer Inno. It was gift. I like it but having a hard time deciding how to mount it. It's not waterproof. Any suggestions?
I have mine mounted in a Ramball Aqua Box. Works pretty well after you memorize the buttons. It's hard to see the screen through the cover but the buttons still work and you'll get used to it.

Best,

Bike
2006 ST1300
I was looking at the Inno as well. One question I have though is how long does the battery last?

Thanks, Jasen

Bike
ST1300A
STOC #
I have an Inno - I don't know of any Sat Radio (stand alone) that is water proof - so I carry a zip lock bag with me in the fairing pocket for going thru rain showers.

I like it because it doesn't require me to wire an antenna - I think the built in one works good (probably not as well as a remote on mounted else where on the bike)

If you have a powerlet or cig lighter power point it does come with a external power attachment, but you will need plug to hook up to (costs $15 at Circuit City).

As far as the battery goes - it says 5 hours when using Satellite reception - I think it says 12-15 hours when using the MP3/Playback (it can record 50 hours of radio - I think it has 2 gig of memory and if I remember correctly its slpit between the MP3 & recorder)

I've only had it about a month and have used it on a couple 75 miles runs between Panama City & Ft Walton Beach and on one 200 mile trip into Southern Alabama. So far it works well (not great as it will lose signal occasionally depending on terrain/buildings), but the real test will be this summer when I take a summer trip up to UP Michigan.

Top Bottom