Anyone mount a stereo in the left fairing pocket?

ST Dan

2 summers 50k+ miles 48 states
Bike
14 NC700X
STOC #
I am not really into sat. radio, so I have been looking at getting a marine radio with a waterproof wired remote. put the stereo in the left fairing pocket and mount the remote where it can be easily reached to change station.

I talked to autocom, and of course you can buy a cable to connect the stereo to the autocom. other then that I just figure I would have to mount an antenna off of the back rack

anyone done this? would this work, or am i just proving how little i know about electronics:D

thanks

Bike
2012 GL 1800
STOC #
I was ready to put in a radio, but went with XM and a comm unit as I do not have that many radio stations in my area. I was going to get a Sony radio and they have a marine remote. I had this set up on my Pacific Coast.

If you do it, you will have to take off the pocket as there is not enough room for the radio to slip through the open lid. A Sony radio will JUST fit inside the pocket.

A few others have used other types of radios. Everyone said the CD skips so you will be stuck with just AM/FM. Most of the new car stereo's have some type of input for a MP3 player. That would help.

Pyle marine with wired remote mounted on clutch resevoir. Lined the outside of the pocket with the foil backed underhood thick insulation. Quick disconnects inside fairing for easy tupperware removal. I tried the hidden antennas but they didn't work. ended up with a traditional car antennae drilled into the front fairing on the left side. I notched the windshield around the antenna so it clears when shield is down. Doesn't look to bad. The stereo has an aux input for a remote MP3 in tank bag. I have a starcomm system but it could be wired without it. The starcomm got me intercom capability with my backseat driver.

Top Bottom