Audio Connectors

I'm toying with the idea to permanently install mini DIN connectors to the fairing so I can plug in the headset to the fairing instead of the MIT. This way I could locate the connectors closer to the back seat instead of cables running from the front compartment where I now have the MIT.

I found some but then started thinking about the weather. I suppose it would be a good idea to have some kind of rubber covers when not in use for protection from the rain. I've never ridden in the rain while using the MIT. Is it necessary to protect the audio connectors from the rain?

Blrfl

Natural Rider Enhancement
Bike
Fast Blue One
STOC #
If you don't mind expending a few konvertibilna markas on the project, the powerlet dual rear bracket and a couple of Starcom's bulkhead mini-DINs would fit well together. I got all the dimensions when I was looking at audio systems.

--Mark

OP
OP
Mark, I'm impressed at your knowledge of the local currency. Been here?

I guess I need to do a little more research on the forum before I send another redundant thread.

Thanks for the suggestions/link.

Highrider

Part time mechanic
Bike
2005 ST1300
STOC #
I found some bulkhead connectors that work great and accept a rubber cap. I have had them on my 05 for over a year and they have been through a lot of bad weather- have had no problems.

http://www.l-com.com/item.aspx?id=4613

I have pics of how I have them mounted - one on the front left fairing and one on the rear side panel for my rider.
Once I am hooked up, I don't have any issues with the path of the coiled cable, it's like it is not there.
I can post a pic of the application, when I get home form work, if your interested.

Last edited:

Blrfl

Natural Rider Enhancement
Bike
Fast Blue One
STOC #
Mark, I'm impressed at your knowledge of the local currency. Been here?
No, I looked it up, mostly because I wondered what it was. (And I have a stack of other obscure currencies in envelopes that I use when I travel...)

I've learned something for today. Now I can go home. Wait... I am home... :)

--Mark

Top Bottom