Audiovox CCS-100 crushed servo motor cable

Bike
98 ST1100
STOC #
Need help! Audiovox CCS-100 crushed servo motor cable

I screwed up!:bow1: Originally when I installed the Audiovox CC on the ST1100, I routed the servo motor cable around the area above where the center stand pivots and makes contact with the frame. I fired the bike up one day while it was on the center stand in the garage and it started to rev to 3500rpm. After some investigation, I found that I had pinched the cable between the frame and the center stand. It completely smashed the protective fuel line I had it wrapped in and crushed the cable. I test drove it and it accelerated way above the set speed and is dangerous. All this to ask if anybody has ever had the servo motor apart to see if the cable can be replaced? I'll wait to see what people say before I ask if anybody has an old unit laying around to see if the cable can be salvaged from it.
Ron

Last edited:
OP
OP
St1100nut
Bike
98 ST1100
STOC #
Re: Need help! Audiovox CCS-100 crushed servo motor cable

The silence is deafening! Nobody has had a servomotor cracked open?
Ron

I've got one apart in the orginial box somewhere, Key word being somewhere. I'll have a go at finding it and get back with you. Had it on an 06 and took it off. No promises I know it's around here somewhere.

OP
OP
St1100nut
Bike
98 ST1100
STOC #
Spotz,
That would be great! Let me know what you find out! I'll check back here or you can PM me!
Thank you,
Ron

Bike
2005 BMW RT

I'd be willing to bet somebody at Pinwall Cycle in your backyard would know!
Ron
You may be right. I'd be glad to run down and ask or see if they had one but the wife and I have ridden to Seattle. Give them a call, they are as helpful as they can be.

thoes pics are a great help. i wish i had seen 'em a few years ago, it would of avoided a lot of head scratching...i have shortened the cable without opening the servo... even silver soldered the home made ball on the end of the inner cable. so a repair should also be possible.

The servo pops open fairly easily and there is a soft rubber gasket/O ring between the two halves. I have had this one apart twice now and pilling vacuum with a mighty vac still makes me believe it has an intact vacuum function

Byron

STOC #
If the housing for the cable got pinched, you might be able to open it back up. Take off the fuel hose cover and you should be able to see where it was flattened. Reversing the pinch can be done a couple of ways, vise grips, pliers, or a small vise. Just squeeze it opposite of where it got pinched and it should open the inside of the housing enough for the cable to move freely again. Worth a try if you can't find a replacement cable.

OP
OP
St1100nut
Bike
98 ST1100
STOC #
Spotz and Waldo,
Thank you very much for all the info you have provided! Spotz you are the man!!! This is what makes this forum great! I am now armed with the knowledge to take it apart and see if I can find somebody to make me a new cable. Spotz, is that unit a parts unit? Would it be for sale?
Let me know if want to get rid of it.
Thanks again,
Ron

OP
OP
St1100nut
Bike
98 ST1100
STOC #
If the housing for the cable got pinched, you might be able to open it back up. Take off the fuel hose cover and you should be able to see where it was flattened. Reversing the pinch can be done a couple of ways, vise grips, pliers, or a small vise. Just squeeze it opposite of where it got pinched and it should open the inside of the housing enough for the cable to move freely again. Worth a try if you can't find a replacement cable.
I think it is beyond repair! I can see the cable sticking out of the sheath! It looks as if the wire in the sheath got stretched out.
Thanks,
Ron

OP
OP
St1100nut
Bike
98 ST1100
STOC #

You may be right. I'd be glad to run down and ask or see if they had one but the wife and I have ridden to Seattle. Give them a call, they are as helpful as they can be.
Thanks for the offer! I was just kidding! When I saw you were from Massilon it reminded me of Pinwall. I use to live in New Castle and my wife worked in Alliance for awhile. I also bought my ST at the dealer in New Philadelphia. I see your on the dark side now with an RT...........I'm there also I have a K12LT as a stable mate.

Top Bottom