Autocom Plug Bent-Need advice..

Louie Louie

I see that my female connector directly coming out of the PRO unit is a bit crooked from plugging it so many times. The issue is that the other end is connected to the inside of the PRO unit. Do I need to send the Autocom back to be repaired or can I fix it manually. Again, its the connector coming out of the autocom box that I connect to the extension to my helmet.

Byron

STOC #
Louie,

Do you have a picture of the part that is bent? There is a cable with a plug on the end that my helmet plugs into so I'm not clear what or how it is damaged. If it's the plug is it possible that the plastic cover is just slid back a bit on one side giving the appearance of being bent?

OP
OP

Louie Louie

Louie,

Do you have a picture of the part that is bent? There is a cable with a plug on the end that my helmet plugs into so I'm not clear what or how it is damaged. If it's the plug is it possible that the plastic cover is just slid back a bit on one side giving the appearance of being bent?
Ok, this is the connector coming out of the autocom and velcroed on my tank/Sargeant Seat

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP

Louie Louie

Its Part 21!

The great folks at Autocom America called w/ good news. The replacement part for my plug is part#21. Autocom always comes thru for me...What a great product and customer service

Bike
ST1300
STOC #
Re: Its Part 21!

The great folks at Autocom America called w/ good news. The replacement part for my plug is part#21. Autocom always comes thru for me...What a great product and customer service
Louie

Hope you are okay, long time no speak LOL

Yep, it is just a plug in connector. You take the Autocom sticker off, undo the screws and take the top off and all cables go to plastic plugs. An easy job even I can do it as I have had to replace one of mine.

If you have not already ordered the part, ask them if they have any replacement stickers to cover the screws as you put the top back on, just in case you ruin the one you remove.

Mick

Byron

STOC #
Louie,

Was the Autocom on your previous bike and plugged in during your crash? I'm just trying to determine how the plug got messed up. Just looking at the pictures the only thing that looks possibly out of place is the locator lug at the top right of the picture.

OP
OP

Louie Louie

Louie,

Was the Autocom on your previous bike and plugged in during your crash? I'm just trying to determine how the plug got messed up. Just looking at the pictures the only thing that looks possibly out of place is the locator lug at the top right of the picture.
Yes it was plugged in. The culprit is me, as I need to do connect it it more carefully when I get ready to ride,and suggest others do the same.
Thanks again

OP
OP

Louie Louie

Re: Its Part 21!

Louie

Hope you are okay, long time no speak LOL

Yep, it is just a plug in connector. You take the Autocom sticker off, undo the screws and take the top off and all cables go to plastic plugs. An easy job even I can do it as I have had to replace one of mine.

If you have not already ordered the part, ask them if they have any replacement stickers to cover the screws as you put the top back on, just in case you ruin the one you remove.

Mick
Great To hear from you....I'm still wearing my T shirt you sent. Also, great advice.

Byron

STOC #
Louie,

You might think about not locking the socket to the tank. That way if something pulls at it the plug will just go with the force until there is enough to pull them apart. When that happens it should be a straight pull and not bend anything. At least mine has worked that when when I forget to unplug before walking away from the bike. :)

OP
OP

Louie Louie

Louie,

You might think about not locking the socket to the tank. That way if something pulls at it the plug will just go with the force until there is enough to pull them apart. When that happens it should be a straight pull and not bend anything. At least mine has worked that when when I forget to unplug before walking away from the bike. :)
ok...sounds good!

OP
OP

Louie Louie

Ok. Recived part 21 AKA part 1592(Replacement 7 pin Riders Lead). It is great that one is able to change the cable. They even sent me a sticker to replace after the unit is opened!.

I also ordered part 1153 AKA 12.7. Its a Complete type A headset. Anyone know about the different headsets from Autocom. I find it quite confusing since they renamed their part#'s.

In any event, great service from Autocom America again

www.autocomamerica.com

Top Bottom