avon storms

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
I like them too.
Mileage on a tire is *really* dependent on where and how *you* ride.

So good luck and let us know!

Mark

Bike
2018 Gold Wing
STOC #
I got over 10K on both sets of Storms I ran on my ST, and have a brand new set in the garage for my next ST!!! That will be the new and improved ST-1500 in 2010!!!

Relative the the av45/46 I previously had on the ST11, the front storm looks like going around 30 to 50% longer (13 to 15,oookms). The rear may go as far, perhaps not (around 13,000kms). But even relative distances can be misleading, as other riders report different relative distances between tyres. So it is down to rider and road. The avons down here are a lot cheaper than other alternatives, so it is a bit of a no brainer for me.

Raven

"two wrecks" - RIP ACL
Bike
Aprilia Caponord
STOC #
I got over 10K on both sets of Storms I ran on my ST, and have a brand new set in the garage for my next ST!!! That will be the new and improved ST-1500 in 2010!!!
Oh mac, those tires will be too old to use by then so maybe you should send that set to me.
:rolleyes:

A good set of tires is a terrible thing to waste!
:D

Bike
2018 Gold Wing
STOC #
I will hold on to them until I get back from Alaska. After that run, I will reconsider whether I keep the KLR, or venture into another ST.

wjbertrand

Ventura Highway
I've managed almost 11K from my Storms. I like everything about these tires but I've decided that they are overly prone to punctures. I've had 7 punctures in 5 different rear Avons. No punctures in any other brand. Carry a repair kit!

Bike
2018 Gold Wing
STOC #
Can't blame me for trying......

:cool:
No, and I will keep you in mind.

Also, when I traded the ST in on the Wing, it had a Storm on the front that had in the vicinity of 15,000 miles on it and stil was no where near the wear bars.

Last edited:

Raven

"two wrecks" - RIP ACL
Bike
Aprilia Caponord
STOC #
Yep, my front storm still looked pretty good but I went ahead and changed it with the rear 'cause I prefer them both new every chance I get.

Bike
'08 Connie C14
STOC #
My new Rear will be on in the morning. If I can get between the 5 and 10k above, I'll be a happy camper:) Will make a pair!

The front has maybe 12-1500 left, will make close to the 10kmiles.

Kelly Cox

SilverSTreak II
Just got new Storms mounted today and felt immediate improvement in handling. Bike goes into turns easier; no longer pulls to the right either (could be my imagination or the wind direction). A bit more road noise perhaps, but could just be the renewed tread that I'm not used to hearing. Anyway, assuming they'll got 10k miles or so, I'm happy with my decision.

PS...never had any real complaints against the OEM BT020's, but just wanted to try something different. Had 10,350 miles on the OEM's and could have gone another 1,000 miles probably if I'd pushed my luck.

Top Bottom