Back on 2 wheels again

Bike
THE XX BIRD
STOC #
After selling my ST last April and being bikeless for 11 months, I am happy to say I am on 2 wheels again.

Not an ST but it is a Honda. Picked up a 2001 Blackbird this morning completely stock except for LSL Bars with Spiegler lines, which are super comfy, absolutely SPOTLESS with 12,000 miles.
Here are a couple of pics.

Attachments

OP
OP
STNY
Bike
THE XX BIRD
STOC #
Thank you everybody, and IT WAS WORTH THE WAIT :D ;) :)

Hope to see you in the twisties and long sweepers.

Hey Ben glad your settled in and got another ST1100 good luck and ride safe.
Holler if your in the area.

Bike
2005 ST1300
STOC #
I've always liked the 'Birds. Nice find!:bow1:

How would you compare/contrast the the ST's? Specifically, comfort, seating position, etc.

We all know it's faster than stink.:D

Enjoy,

Don

OP
OP
STNY
Bike
THE XX BIRD
STOC #
I've always liked the 'Birds. Nice find!:bow1:

How would you compare/contrast the the ST's? Specifically, comfort, seating position, etc.

We all know it's faster than stink.:D

Enjoy,

Don

The first thing I noticed was how much lighter it is, and how much easier it is to toss her around. To me it is very comfortable and super smooth. The pegs are a little higher and back than the ST, and the first couple of days was a bit tough on the knees, especially my right knee (I have a slight tear in my right Meniscus), but I have adjusted to it and have added a peg lowering kit just to ease off the stiffness on my right knee. But if my right knee was healthy I would have kept the pegs at the stock position. The Bird fits me well and the more I ride it the more comfortable it is with my body adjusting to the riding position.

Another plus believe it or not is the seat. I have done a couple of 200 mile rides and am very surprised at how comfortable it is, and the seat cover grips your pants and keeps you from sliding into the tank, I don't know what it is made of but it works, something that the ST could never do, probably the biggest complaint I had with the ST. Not ruling out a Spencer mod though somewhere down the road after a couple thousand more miles. You know, for those 500 mile days. :D ;)

Mine has LSL bars, and that makes a huge difference in the riding position, up about 2 - 2.5 inches not sure if those numbers are accurate, but definitely more comfortable.

Ok now the fun part, the Bird is super fast, I'm not kidding, you twist that throttle and you better be ready, because she wants to go, and with absolutely no hesitation she does just that. You can run her @ 8K RPM and she is purring, nice and smooth, with more to go, and when you ask for more she gives it to you and starts pulling like a freight train. Thats when you face starts to hurt... from all the grinning.

I have wanted a Blackbird since 2006 when I was riding a HD, and went to a meet that some Blackbird owners have in PA. but was always afraid I would not be comfortable on one. Then in 2007 I decided I wanted performance over art (My HD) so I bought an ST1300. Had to sell the ST for financial reasons last year. First time in a long time I went bikeless, for a year and was going crazy not having a bike in the garage. I found my 2001 Blackbird and I am on two wheels again, and loving it.

Top Bottom