Batteries

Bike
05' ST1300
STOC #
In response to a battery discussion on another Web site, I posted the following which I think is worth sharing:

This extended discussion has proven yet again that when electrical problems occur, look at the battery first. If in doubt, borrow a friend's as a test or replace. Peace of mind has a price.
On the same subject, the original battery in my '05 has worked flawlessly, but from all the battery-related postings over the years, I began to get nervous about getting stuck on long trips. So I have sprung for a Shorai battery and am both astonished and delighted that it works as advertised. Precharge and use of a battery tender other than a fixed output one are specifically cautioned against. I did a 200 mile break-in ride to top off the 80% charge out of the package. I cannot figure out how full power can reside in what feels like an empty battery case. Amazing!
I bought mine from Rick at WingStuff in Lake Forest CA who has some good discount programs. Good business. Shipping included in the purchase price.
Tim Shevlin Anaheim, CA #1183

Bike
97 ST1100 04 ST1300
STOC #
I always top off a new battery.
Lately, I have also attached an Argus Battery Bug - it's suppose to let me know everything battery and charging I really need to know. I'm not sure if it really works or not, but I've avoided a stranding due to a low battery on one bike. It beeped and flashed (meaning the battery is about to "poof") and I bought a new battery - had the one on the bike checked and sure enough, it was at the end of its life.
I also attach Battery Tender Jr. leads and hook it up if my bike(s) sit for any length of time. All this has worked for me for a while now anyway. Hopefully, I don't get stranded - I hate getting stranded!

Bike
2000 ST1100
2024 Miles
STOC #
Has anyone found the cables loose when they check for battery isues? At our local Honda dealer they recommend checking that first. You would be supprised at how many are loose.

Top Bottom