STOC #
Last edited:

STill STylin

Red is ALWAYS faSTer
Bike
2005 ST1300A
STOC #
Heck, absolutely no shortage of preferences and opinions here, and here's mine:

Went with the Hella 550's and while there are many other lamps certainly available and to tempt - felt comfortable with these several years ago, and STill really like 'em

Used "over-the-mirror" mounts from kind folks who had unfortunately terminated that branch of their business.

Pic "attached".

Cheers !

Thanks,
-Elliot

Attachments

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Heck, absolutely no shortage of preferences and opinions here
+1 My personal preference is for similar types of lamps that either meet street legal requirements with respect to driving and fog beams or at least come close.

Lights designed for off-road use and not meeting formal requirements for street use should be used judiciously when on a street bike (that used on the street). The same applies to proper street-legal accessory lighting sure but there's more free rein with proper lights properly set up. This is why spidey's work is so useful.

I have Clearwaters Darla lights, too. Love them. However, I would consider this offering from PIAA; LP270
in either driving or fog version. The price is very competitive. They are SAE compliant. They don't say anything about DOT compliance.
Here is a very low price for these lights for 2 days only....http://piaa.factoryoutletstore.com/details/72219/piaa-05370.html?category_id=59659
Dont know if you are still around. Could you send a picture of how you mounted the Darlas?

Received your inquiry. I'll have to wait until I get home from work to get some photos. I can't access them at work.
Many thanks if you are able to send pics? Any difficulty with things like fenders or other plastic parts cracking or having problems because of the weight of the lights? Just curious.

I purchased the Clearwater mounting brackets for the Darla lights. You can download the installation manual HERE.
Thanks for posting. I just picked up a pair of the Clearwater lights. A good friend of mine has two sets on his RT and I was inclined to go that way because of him. They arent cheap but I feel like they will make me more conspicuous.

I purchased the Clearwater mounting brackets for the Darla lights. You can download the installation manual HERE.
Hi. Let me ask you - have you noticed that mounting the lights there has caused your front fender to crack or distort in any way? I have been told that it can cause the front fender to crack. how many miles have you had them on your bike? They look great.

Top Bottom