Best motorcycle jack for ST1100's

Ynot62

2001 & 1997 owner
Bike
2024 Miles
I have 2 ST110's and plan on doing most of the servicing and maintenance myself. Are there any recommendations as to what is the most practical cycle jack to use. I have limited space, therefore I am looking for something that doesn't take up a lot of room.

Any assistance will be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Slydynbye

Will ride for Pie
Bike
2000 ABSII
STOC #
DONT buy any of the Floor jacks, they are not stable with the ST1100 on it.
If you can swing it get a Handy motorcycle lift. Some have Harbor Freight lifts that are cheap but in my opinion still a little unstable.
If you can't swing that, I use a Scissor lift when I need to lift the front.

OP
OP
Ynot62

Ynot62

2001 & 1997 owner
Bike
2024 Miles
Thanks for the feedback. Have you heard anything about anyone using the Eazy Rizer's for their ST1100's

Thanks for the feedback. Have you heard anything about anyone using the Eazy Rizer's for their ST1100's
I have not heard anything but I just looked at their website. I think I would telephone them and have them "look me in the ear" and tell me it is okay for the ST1300.

MerlF

Chuck Welsh
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300AD 2013
DONT buy any of the Floor jacks, they are not stable with the ST1100 on it.
If you can swing it get a Handy motorcycle lift. Some have Harbor Freight lifts that are cheap but in my opinion still a little unstable.
If you can't swing that, I use a Scissor lift when I need to lift the front.
I have used a Harbour Freight lift for the past 10 years on my 1300. Topped it up with oil once and it still works fine. I always strap it down though.

Nashcat

Site Supporter
Bike
2015 Versys 1000LT
STOC #
Currently, I have a Titan pneumatic lift table, but it takes up 4’ x 7 1/2’ of garage floor. I also have a Craftsman? foot operated lift that only takes about 2’ x 3”. The small one handles 1500 lbs. and is stable if you strap the bike to the lift. I’ve used it for a couple of Wings and a 1500 Vulcan, with no worries. The jack is kinda in the way when changing the filter on a ST1300.
IMG_0253.jpeg

I had a Harbor Freight lift table for several years, that handled anything put on it. I traded It for the Titan, only because I got a great deal that I couldn’t refuse. I could park my truck over the HF lift table and not lose floor space.

John

Bike
2010 ST1300
@Mellow bought and has a thread on the Abba Sky Lift. A quick look showed me it is a tad cheaper than the Big Blue Eazy Rizer. IIRC, there is a learning curve to the Abba - you have to balance the bike upright while you connect it to the lift, but Joe got over that pretty quickly. There also was a bit of a back and forth about which adapter to use (the Abba takes different adapters for different bikes). There are, no doubt other threads on this subject. Do a search - blue band atop this page, right end.

I had a Harbor Fright lift that worked fine for my Guzzi. My 1300 caused the table to wobble a bit, so I put 4 doubled 2x4's (one each corner) under the table and dropped it onto the 'legs'. This was after I slid the locking bar in place. Rock solid. But you have pretty much ruled out table type lifts because of their size.

Bike
2021 RE Meteor 350
Most seem to have missed that the OP is talking about the ST1100's he has. I don't have a table jack, but I have had zero problems using a smallish floor jack with a piece of 2X4 placed directly on the oil pan, when I wanted the front wheel off the ground. No problem with stability for me, just be sure you don't jack it too high, making the rear wheel contact the floor, with the bike lifting off the centre stand.

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
@Mellow bought and has a thread on the Abba Sky Lift.
+1 on the SkyLift.
That's what I'll get, although I'm in no hurry. My bikes are a BMW 1250 GSA and the ST1300.
Can't say whether there is an adapter for the 1100, but if not I'm sure one could be machined if you went that route.

Tor

Making Life A Ride
Site Supporter
Bike
R1200 GSA / S1000XR
I have used a Harbour Freight lift for the past 10 years on my 1300. Topped it up with oil once and it still works fine. I always strap it down though.
Have the same lift. Had it for 12-13 years. No issues.

Bike
2010 ST1300
I don't have a table jack, but I have had zero problems using a smallish floor jack with a piece of 2X4 placed directly on the oil pan, when I wanted the front wheel off the ground.
The OP wanted his bike "work table height". That pretty much limits him to an Abba, Eazy Rizer, or similar lifts, or a platform/table type. I think he said the latter would take up too much room.

I did tip my HF lift up on edge and leaned it against the wall of my garage when it was not in use, but that kills a good 8'+ of wall space.

Top Bottom