Best Trailer Hitch?

Could anyone shed any light on what is the best hitch for a ST1300?

Although not pulling a camping trailer, I may from time to time pull a heavily loaded cargo trailer and want the best hook-up regardless of price. I'm used to pulling trailers behind GL1800's but want the option with the ST.

Many thanks,

Z

Bike
2008 ST1300
STOC #
My hitch was custom made by the supplier of my trailer. I really like the fact that it is invisible, being hidden behind the fender. Although it's not supposed to be used for larger trailers, I am sure it could be beefed up enough. The fact that it can hold a monowheel trailer upright tells me it's not as flimsy as it looks.

Bike
2018 Gold Wing
STOC #
I might be prejudice, but I think the Unigo hitch is the best. Very similar to the Bushtec hitch for the Wing.

ScubaDave

Site Supporter
Bike
st 1300
STOC #
While I have only see 3 1300 hitches, of them I would say the uni go was the best of the 3.

1 thing I will add about hitches. If you plan to tow a 1 wheel make sure your hitch is designed for it. I have seen many hitches on bikes that I would not pull a 1 wheel with, but they are fine for a 2 wheeler.

Bike
'07STA
STOC #
My hitch was custom made by the supplier of my trailer. I really like the fact that it is invisible, being hidden behind the fender. Although it's not supposed to be used for larger trailers, I am sure it could be beefed up enough. The fact that it can hold a monowheel trailer upright tells me it's not as flimsy as it looks.

I like your hitch. Next spring I have to look for a mono trailer. Where did you buy your and what type and a web page. Thanks:bow1:

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
I would say the UniGo hitch is the best I've seen personally. Very stout with good solid connection points.

The good thing is they will probably ship you one fairly quick with the least amount of customer-interaction.... Because customer service sux.. sorry, still waiting a call back after several messages left a couple months ago... :nuts1:

OP
OP
Zackybilly1
Thanks for the feed-back. I believe that hitch, as is, would handle a good load. It's subjected to forces with a uni trailer that it wouldn't see with two wheels. Although the receiver is set up different, the balance of that hitch reminds me of the Rivco hitch for Goldwings and they are made out of aluminum.

Thanks, again.

Z

Would the Uni-Go ST1300 trailer hitch, with a ball adaptor, be up to towing a 300 pound Aspen Sentry camping trailer? Any opinions welcome......

Bigmak96

R.I.P. - 2021/08/07
Rest In Peace
Bike
04 GL1800 Past tense
STOC #
I might be prejudice, but I think the Unigo hitch is the best. Very similar to the Bushtec hitch for the Wing.
There will obviously be big differences in the 1300 hitch as compared to the 1100 but my 1100 hitch is rock solid. They will have found the best points to brace to if the 1100 hitch is any indication.

Bike
1996 ST1100
STOC #
The good thing is they will probably ship you one fairly quick with the least amount of customer-interaction.... Because customer service sux.. sorry, still waiting a call back after several messages left a couple months ago... :nuts1:
Joe - did you ever hear from them? I just tried calling and it went straight into VM. Decided I'd test their "contact us form" responsiveness instead.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Joe - did you ever hear from them? I just tried calling and it went straight into VM. Decided I'd test their "contact us form" responsiveness instead.
Nope.. ended up selling the trailer and hitch to a nice couple in Canada.

Top Bottom