Big Flag Bikes: help?

Bike
Goldwing
Not sure where to ask, but here it goes. A fellow Patriot Guard Rider is seeking input for his Goldwing project. A number of riders have Wings here or may know GL1800 riders that have done these set-ups for big Flags.

The rider was not wanting the rear design set-up some have, rather he is thinking about something that might incorporate the rear passenger bar (near footrest) area? I made the offer to inquire on a couple of websites for him.:07biker::)

Onicabbit

Tailess Cabbit!
Site Supporter
Bike
18 Goldwing Tour
STOC #
i think he means a standard flag size for riding slow down a street for a parade. Not sure if that would be safe it might be too close to the rider if its windy the flag could ingulf the rider and impair his vizion / riding ability.

Coop

R.I.P. - 2022/10/6
Rest In Peace
STOC #
You might remind your PG friends that the proper way to display the flag on a vehicle is attached to the right front fender (see Section 175).

--Mark
This is obviously a battle that cannot be won!! See sec 176. Surely the Holiday Flag is the most beautiful thing there is an it still raises the hair on the back of my neck. Unfortunately there are people who will light it and fly it until it's tattered just to mark a shopping center.

PopJack

Die young, after a long life.
Bike
2005 ST1300
STOC #
I had the pleasure of teaching Flag protocal to Boy Scouts, as well as conducting retirement services for flags.

One of the things I always believed was that you had to look at the intent of the display, for example, when a fire truck has a large flag mounted on the rear of the vehicle to snap in the wind, it is obvious that no disrespect is intended, even though the protocol is not adhered to. Likewise flags on bikes.

These displays are much more respectful (imho)then many others (shopping centers)

My personal pet peave was hanging the flag vertically with the blue field in the wrong corner.
Posted via Mobile Device

Top Bottom