Bike-Quip Screen Mech Repair Kits - now available

Steviebilbo

STeviebilbo
Vendor
Bike
ST1300 ABS 2010
Folks, this is a copy of the latest message just posted today (Wednesday 26 Oct ) on several Facebook pages.

I have now made the product page for the kits available to all. I am only selling mail order at the moment - if you want the kit fitting, **it will be another couple of weeks before I can offer that service. If you are one of my crowd-funders, drop me a note with your order and I will check and then refund you the discount.
https://www.st1300-accessories.co.uk/.../screen-mech...

Edit ... **(Actually, if you also want new slider blocks too, then I can fit them to the cables for you before shipping n I will waiver the charge.)

So the project has finally come to fruition - I have sent some kits stateside already to some of my early bird crowd-funders and shipping comes in at £21 for tracked insured shipping. If you add the slider blocks, it shouldn't make a difference to the shipping neither. As the page says, you WILL need access to a crimping tool (ferrule crimper) to fit these to your own slider blocks (Dogs).

Just by way of acknowledgement, another big thanks to Rick of Carler Motor Cycle Parts for graciously allowing me to use his strip down and clean/lube documents on my site too.

Any question, please drop me a message on the site or an email to bikequipsteve@gmail.com as I don't visit this site that often ... 'specially when I'm this busy!

Cheers, Ride Safe!

Steve B

Last edited:

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
I have now made the product page for the kits available to all. I am only selling mail order at the moment - if you want the kit fitting, **it will be another couple of weeks before I can offer that service. If you are one of my crowd-funders, drop me a note with your order and I will check and then refund you the discount.
https://www.st1300-accessories.co.uk/.../screen-mech...
I just received the Bike Quip cables and gear, and plan to repair one of my windshield mechanisms with them for my 2004 that I'm putting back together.

I'll let you know how it goes!

STRider

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 ST1300A
STOC #
I just received the Bike Quip cables and gear, and plan to repair one of my windshield mechanisms with them for my 2004 that I'm putting back together.

I'll let you know how it goes!
Yes, please! Lots of photos too. Show us the kit please.

Bike
'04 ST1300 Blue STar
there is a good photo at this link,,, CAt'

SupraSabre

Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Although the picture of the kit shows the kit, it doesn't show you the difference between the gears and the cables! In the description of his kits, Steve explains that they are NOT interchangeable. Once I looked at the differences, I can see why! On that note, I think Steve has a MUCH BETTER product, than the original gear and cables.

The kit:

20221108_ReplacementParts.jpg

The gear difference: (Bike Quip on the right, the other gear is one that was made by a member on the forum, but I can't remember his name.

20221108_GearDifference.jpg

The original gear and the other two: Original eaten up on the left, the one made by a member (middle) and the Bike Quip (right).

20221108_ThreeGears.jpg

Cable difference:

20221108_CableDifference.jpg

Original on left, Bike Quip on right. Talk about a difference!

The teeth of the Bike Quip Gear mesh with the windings. It will be interesting to see how well it will work!

I've torn down one of my broken (I have about 6) windshield mechanism units, so I'm cleaning it up, before I reassemble it.

I'll provide more pictures as I go!

STRider

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 ST1300A
STOC #
I've torn down one of my broken (I have about 6) windshield mechanism units, so I'm cleaning it up, before I reassemble it.

I'll provide more pictures as I go!
So the point is you're really hard on windshield mechanisms, Bob? :)

Thanks for the pictures!

RiderRon

Site Supporter
Bike
2004 ST1300
STOC #
Ordered and received my kit as well. Now I just need time to install it.
Kit looks very robust and hopefully it provides a lifetime of service!

SupraSabre

Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
So the point is you're really hard on windshield mechanisms, Bob? :)

Thanks for the pictures!
Nope, I bought those with the idea of fixing them.

We'll see what happens.

20221108_spareparts.jpg

20221108_moreParts.jpg

20221108_moreUnits.jpg

Like I said....

Last edited:

RiderRon

Site Supporter
Bike
2004 ST1300
STOC #
@Steviebilbo, what is your shipping cost to Canada for this kit?
If you go to the Bike Quip website and add whatever you are buying to your cart then you can check the cost of shipping. There is a conversion calculator there as well.

Bike
'06 ST1300A
If you go to the Bike Quip website and add whatever you are buying to your cart then you can check the cost of shipping. There is a conversion calculator there as well.
Yep. Got it @RiderRon. Just trying to get the vendor here to publish his shipping rate for the Canadian market (like he did for the US market) on this forum and save some folks a step as they make their decisions. ;)

sirbike

Site Supporter
Bike
2003 ST1300A
2024 Miles
Nope, I bought those with the idea of fixing them.

We'll see what happens.

20221108_spareparts.jpg

20221108_moreParts.jpg

20221108_moreUnits.jpg

Like I said....
Yeah, when Bob stopped cleaning out ebay the market price came down, or at least the cheap ones weren’t getting snapped up so fast.
Then I started buying them.
I have 3 working spares and a non working parts unit.
BTW I never adjust the wind shield height over 80 mph. Almost never.

OP
OP
Steviebilbo

Steviebilbo

STeviebilbo
Vendor
Bike
ST1300 ABS 2010
Yep. Got it @RiderRon. Just trying to get the vendor here to publish his shipping rate for the Canadian market (like he did for the US market) on this forum and save some folks a step as they make their decisions. ;)
Sorry this is a late reply but I don't visit this site too often (as stated .. a little busy!) I tend not to display postal charges as they can change based on service chosen and additional items in the cart will affect the price too. Canada and USA are pretty much identical (for all weights and items) but I can't send tracked AND signed to Canada - one or the other so I prefer tracked shipping.
Cheers, Ride Safe!

Steve B

Bike
'06 ST1300A
Sorry this is a late reply but I don't visit this site too often (as stated .. a little busy!) I tend not to display postal charges as they can change based on service chosen and additional items in the cart will affect the price too. Canada and USA are pretty much identical (for all weights and items) but I can't send tracked AND signed to Canada - one or the other so I prefer tracked shipping.
Cheers, Ride Safe!

Steve B
Interesting… Thanks Steve!

SupraSabre

Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
I just ordered my second repair kit from Steve. I figured might as well have one in the parts bin incase the 2010 or 2012's windshield mechanism goes bad on me.

Top Bottom