Bracketron Mounting Solutions

STOC #
Just picked up this press release:

Minneapolis, Minn. (PRWEB) December 19, 2005 -- Bracketron, LLC has launched its new line of Custom Motorcycle Mounts (CMM?s) solution, allowing motorcycle operators to enjoy the use of Satellite Radio, GPS, MP3 and other mobile electronics use. This solution allows motorcyclists to mount many mobile devices without drilling, engineering, custom manufacturing there own, one off mount. It also offers a complete solution that mounts on existing motorcycle hardware in just minutes.

http://www.bracketron.com/xmain/cmm.php

Blrfl

Natural Rider Enhancement
Bike
Fast Blue One
STOC #
:bump

I just came across these today while looking for ways to mount my Sirius receiver. It looks like their GL1800 right-hand one would fit the ST perfectly. The left-hand one looks like it would stick too far back for my tastes, so I'm going to ask if they'd make up a right-hand one with the bend in the other direction. Full report when I hear back from them...

I really wanted to use RAM mounts but couldn't find a combination that would put the radio in front of the left brake reservoir at a reasonable angle without a lot of hardware sticking out.

--Mark

Bike
2004 ST1300A
STOC #
Blrfl said:
:bump

I just came across these today while looking for ways to mount my Sirius receiver. It looks like their GL1800 right-hand one would fit the ST perfectly. The left-hand one looks like it would stick too far back for my tastes, so I'm going to ask if they'd make up a right-hand one with the bend in the other direction. Full report when I hear back from them...

I really wanted to use RAM mounts but couldn't find a combination that would put the radio in front of the left brake reservoir at a reasonable angle without a lot of hardware sticking out.

--Mark
Mark,

Keep us posted...I'm very intersted in your results!

Blrfl

Bike
Fast Blue One
STOC #
Well, they got back to me and they're not interested:

Mark,

Sorry for the delayed response. The reason we do not have a "mirror
image" of the right side (CMM-204-BLK) is exactly because of the
large control box on the Gold Wing's. We haven't had a single request
for a ST1300 bracket yet, and we have sold hundreds of left hand Gold
Wing brackets. There is a lot of tooling cost involved in this type
of work, so it is not economically feasible for us to create a mirror
image of CMM-204-BLK. If I was you, I would just use the CMM-204-BLK
(right side) on the right side of your ST1300.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Thank you,

Nick Larson

--
Nick Larson
Assistant Product Manager

I don't think I buy all of the tooling argument. They could take the same bracket they produce now and bend the tab that sticks down to the reservoir bolts the other way, flip it over and they'd have a perfect left-side model. (Nick's the products guy, and I'll bet dollars to doughnuts that he didn't consult an engineer, who'd have noticed that.)

--Mark

Bike
st1300 '04
STOC #
What am I missing, you turn it over and bend the tab the other way and you changed from right hand to left hand? What tooling unless they have a progressive die but I can't see there being that kind of volume.:shrug2:

Blrfl

Bike
Fast Blue One
STOC #
I tried to convince him of that, too, but he wasn't having any of it.

--Mark

Top Bottom