Braided Stainless Brake Lines for ST1300?

Bike
Honda ST1300
HI all, if this is redundant I apologize. I've searched this forum and couldn't find anything specific on this other than a post on Galfer and that they don't make a kit for this bike. I'd really like to upgrade the lines--at least the front brake lines--to stainless.

Who makes a kit for this?

I've done this for every other bike I've owned and like the feel they give better feel. Right now the ST front brake lever feels a little "spongey" and it is probably due to age of the rubber lines and possibly a need for new pads.

Thanks for any input.

Byron

STOC #
If your brakes are feeling spongy you might have air in the lines so a bleed may be in order. Have you changed pads as different pads have different feelings as well. As much as I like SS brake lines there doesn't seem to be enough demand for any of the companies to make complete or even partial kits.

OP
OP
Bike
Honda ST1300
Neither Galfer nor Goodridge nor Speigler make anything for the ST1300 unfortunately. I was hoping someone did. Speigler offered to make a custom set if I sent my stock lines to them and they'd match them up. Evidently the linked braking and all the hoses involved make it too difficult to develop a kit. My bike is due for pads and I'll go ahead and bleed the brakes as well.

Top Bottom