Brake bleeding procedure.

Hi all. Can anyone advise me on the procedure for bleeding a 1998 ST1100 AW brake system.
The SMC has seized so the rear brake will not let go unless the pressure is released by
Opening the bleed nipple on the ( right hand side as I'm looking at it ) of the rear caliper.

Bike
2010 ST1300
If the SMC has locked up, you will need to replace it with a new one - rebuilding is not an option because once the passages are plugged, the SMC is toast. A number of guys have tried to rebuild it, but I think only one person was able to get it to work for a short time. I've never owned an 1100 - only a 1300 so I cannot advise you. Someone will be along shortly to help you.

OP
OP
If the SMC has locked up, you will need to replace it with a new one - rebuilding is not an option because once the passages are plugged, the SMC is toast. A number of guys have tried to rebuild it, but I think only one person was able to get it to work for a short time. I've never owned an 1100 - only a 1300 so I cannot advise you. Someone will be along shortly to help you.
Thank you. I have got an SMC on the way. I was not sure about the bleeding sequence.
Ride safe.

Top Bottom