Brake issue, need imput.

Bike
2004 ST1300
STOC #
Not sure if this is covered in another post but here we go. Bike: 2004 ST1300 ABS with 180,000 miles on it. When I am at a stop and pump the rear brake pedal I feel the pulse through the front brake lever. I don't remember this being normal and wondered if it is a sign of something worn. I have bled the system according to Johns method, using about 3 quarts of brake fluid. The brakes actually work quite well, though I still have the problem with a clacky SMC, which if I pump the rear brake it will not rattle until I use the front brake and then it will start rattling again...only over bumpy roads going slower than about 40 mph. I did replace the piston assembly and the inside of the bore looked good, but still to much play. Does not want to tighten up without pumping rear brake, thus why I give it a little pumping at a stop after using the front brake. Tightens it back up till the next time I use the front brake.

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
I'm your huckleberry....:rolleyes:
Standing by the white courtesy phone :WCP1:

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
Larry, keep us up to date on what you think this problem is. I've never heard of this one.
Pretty sure I know what it is.
He gave us (6) clues in his description.
He's going to order some parts, and contact me when they arrive.
So stay tuned for our next episode of as the SMC turns :rofl1:

Bike
2010 ST1300
So stay tuned for our next episode of as the SMC turns :rofl1:
Well, SMC's dont clack, rattle, and roll, so I would think that the SMC, and the bearing upon which it pivots need to be replaced. And pumping the brakes suggests worn pads and sticking pistons.

Top Bottom