Brakes Disks Getting Hot.

RONST1300

STOC # 8616
Bike
2005 ST1300
STOC #
I just got all my fairing on after a brake fluid replacement and new brakes installed. The brakes are grabbing great. I took it for a half hour ride today and when I came back the rear caliper was hot, the front left was warm and the front right was hot but I could touch it.

I read a number of the brake posting including, like the one below. My questions are, If the replacement pad are to thick, what can I do? Can I take out that thin backing pad that has the holes behind the shoes themselves? What does that pad do? I am thinking that is where I should start, since it was working when I did the replacement. Any thoughts.
Ron

"Things that can causethis include sticking pads (as dduelin suggested), front pads not releasing(dirty pistons ?), front pads too thick (new pads recently or backing plate toothick ?), retaining pins not greased, rusted or 'ridged', SMC problems. I'vealso had problems when I've ended up with no airspace in the fluid reservoir."

My

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
I just got all my fairing on after a brake fluid replacement and new brakes installed. The brakes are grabbing great. I took it for a half hour ride today and when I came back the rear caliper was hot, the front left was warm and the front right was hot but I could touch it.

I read a number of the brake posting including, like the one below. My questions are, If the replacement pad are to thick, what can I do? Can I take out that thin backing pad that has the holes behind the shoes themselves? What does that pad do? I am thinking that is where I should start, since it was working when I did the replacement. Any thoughts.
Ron

"Things that can causethis include sticking pads (as dduelin suggested), front pads not releasing(dirty pistons ?), front pads too thick (new pads recently or backing plate toothick ?), retaining pins not greased, rusted or 'ridged', SMC problems. I'vealso had problems when I've ended up with no airspace in the fluid reservoir."

My
If you PM me your phone number, I'll call and help you solve your brake issues.
Igofar

Top Bottom