Bridgestone BT-023........Need Feedback

Bike
2005 ST 1300
Re: Bridgestone BT-023 feedback

Been running Z6s for years on my '02 ST1100......now they aren't available & I'm heading out for a 2-week trip in June. I just ordered a set of BT-023s from Keel Brothers. I would like to hear from any members who are running them on the 1100 (especially) or the 1300. Thanks.

John
I installed BT 23 tires on this spring. Took a ride from Minnesota to Colorado (1up) and then rode (2up) across Colorado, Wyoming, and South Dakota. The (2up) portion was 2,300 miles, the trip 3,400 miles. Excellent tire! Good grip in dry and wet. With 42 lbs pressure, wear was mostly even. I have 5,700 miles now on them and they still have perhaps 3,000iles good riding on the rear, more on the front. This tire is far superior to the BT 21- don't waste your money on those, as they cup very quickly. I will buy another set of BT23 for sure.

Bike
ST1100X
Re: Bridgestone BT-023 feedback

Have been using Metzeler Z6 for the last few years and love them..no slips or slides and great handling. Great mileage too at approx 14K miles (limp wristed or what) on last 2 sets so really p....d off when told that they are no longer available. Reluctantly fitted 023s a few weeks ago and found handling to be good but have experienced wet weather slides on two occasions that have left me less than emamoured. A friend has them fitted to his Deauville 700 and he has also reported unexpected slides in the wet..hmmmm. The jury is out at the moment on the quality of these tyres but I will report back when I have put some serious mileage on them.
I am using standard tyre pressures of 36 front and 42 rear solo riding. Anyone using different settings?

mmacderr

Bike
'07 ST1300
Just put 023's on this weekend, rode yesterday for the first time...WOW!

It was about 70 degrees out, strong wind out of the South at about 15 gusting to about 25. I have had the bike since November of last year, it has 11,800 miles and I am sure the tires just replaced were the originals.

The first thing I did was ride slowly and zig zag back and forth like they do at the indy car races to warm up the tires. I wanted to try to rub any coatings off the new tires and make sure as much of the tire got road contact as possible. Then I went for a 25-30 mile jaunt at all kinds of differing speeds.

The bike was sure footed like it never was. Unlike before, the wind was not a huge issue and the sketchy corner by my house was no problem yesterday to my complete surprise. This corner is a right turn, and you ascend a small incline as you approach it, then the pavement edge is ragged, with a scary hole where pavement meets grass. The street you turn onto is narrow and the turn slightly falls away from you (Lowering in elevation with a steep crowning in the road) once you make the turn. I have always felt uneasy around it, but it went very smoothly yesterday. (Now if I could get my hands around the neck of the city official who decided on filling potholes with loose gravel in my immediate area....grrrr).

I am happy as I could possibly be with the new 023's.

Bike
'07 ST1300
STOC #
I had to order a new tire at the end of September. I had 5500 miles on a BT023 from a 3 week ride through the Southwest. I was surprised at the condition and wear when I returned home, it was remarkably good. After reading some of the posts here I was leary but the tire handled and wore great. A couple of weeks later I went for a four day ride through the Sierras with my girlfriend. The tire looked good before we left, still had room before hitting the wear bars. At the end of the third day I checked and couldn't believe the wear. I suspect that the BT023's having a softer sidewall and riding two up contributed to the faster wear. After 6700 miles a replacement was needed. Tim at Keel said he does have a part number for the BT023 GT but no availability. I went back to the OEM for now.

Here is a plug for Tim and Keel Bros. I ordered new tires from my motel at Mammoth Lakes Thursday morning and the new tires were on my porch when I got home Friday afternoon. Surperb customer service. I must of spoke to Tim just a few days before he went into the hospital. I certainly wish him and his family well.

Top Bottom