Broken foot

TMUS

MSF Instructor 32 years
Bike
2006 ST1300a(Marvin)
STOC #
Well, I did it. Two weeks ago on 11/9/2007 I fell at work and did a number on my right foot. Stepped on a step ladder going to a floor system down to a landing, it kicked out and I rode the ladder down on the step, when it landed my foot was on the edge of the step. After being transfered to a trama center and 5 hours of surgery I now have two long screws and two short screws and no weight on my foot for 8 to 12 weeks.

I am going out of my mind. :a13:

Sure glad it's the time of year it is.

The trouble is the contractor at the job site went down the ladder first. :banghead:

STOC #
Sounds like a good workers comp claim. I broke my left foot (disclocated ankle, broken fibula and tibia) 10 screws and a plate. Left ankle really bothers me in colder weather now.
Get a lot of good books to read.

Good luck!

OP
OP
TMUS

TMUS

MSF Instructor 32 years
Bike
2006 ST1300a(Marvin)
STOC #
Sounds like a good workers comp claim. I broke my left foot (disclocated ankle, broken fibula and tibia) 10 screws and a plate. Left ankle really bothers me in colder weather now.
Get a lot of good books to read.

Good luck!
That's the only good news, it is workers comp. :smile:

Thanks

Last edited:

Medicine Bear

R.I.P. - 2010/11/14
Rest In Peace
STOC #
As I am sitting in a wheelchair waiting to be able to put weight on my leg again, I sympathize with your situation. I've been in the chair since I got out of the hospital on 9/12 and will probably be allowed to put some weight on my leg after the next doctor visit - 12/13/07.

I just started water therapy (even though I'm not allowed to do any weight bearing exercises) and I can tell you that it is a fantastic feeling to be able to walk again - even though I'm chest deep in a pool.

My therapist says most doctors don't know some rehab centers have a pool so, if yours does, tell your doctor it is available. Makes a difference all out of proportion to just getting wet! And my therapist says it really speeds up the rehab.:hotpepper

BTW, although my surgery was "only" 3 hours, I have 2 plates and 15 screws in my leg. Bummer, ain't it?

Fred :03biker: :confused:

PS My therapist told me virtually everyone she's worked with in the past 6 months either had a motorcycle accident or fell off a ladder!

I'm with ya, had shoulder surgery 3 weeks ago and waiting to get on the bike, just as soon as it's done with some PM work. Now is a good time for you to do the same.

Top Bottom